Sickest chalice I've ever seen and owned!!!

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara I need help!! I am in way over my head with these dang chalices LOL

I feel your pain buddy! I'm cleaning out my collection as #1, I'm running out of room and #2, I just can't have them all. I'm keeping the really cool ones that catch my eye or are an LE, of course, and I'm selling off the so-so looking ones.

Oh, and #3 one could go broke real fast trying to get all the hot ones!

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Original Vivid when I got back in september I believe and still looks the same.
amore073.jpg

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but others don't. Maybe Kenny will post his Vivid for a comparison shot. Ill take a pic of my Vivid but its still a little guy...

Either way, I still want the PB but Im a little crazy like that...

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree but others don't. Maybe Kenny will post his Vivid for a comparison shot. Ill take a pic of my Vivid but its still a little guy...

Either way, I still want the PB but Im a little crazy like that...

I feel your pain my man! :tongue:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece Marv... the name had me ROTFLMAO!!! :wink:

it funny how long it took for the chalice to make it to the trade considering how available and cool they are. now that they are here though there sure is some killer stuff going around. i'd like to see a flash shot of that one
"Chalices" have always been in the hobby... they're just the "hot" (fad) coral right now as many others have been before and will be again. Since this leads to more being imported, more nice colonies have been seen and introduced.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the PB considered as a WM morph? it does have green on it but not on the edge... more streaky on the body and in the eyes... :)

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the PB considered as a WM morph? it does have green on it but not on the edge... more streaky on the body and in the eyes... :)

It doesn't really get a bright green rim, per se.... the most green it gets:
2_1.jpg

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Original Vivid my experience with it is that is very hardy ( it was upside down on the sand for at least a week dang snails, till I notice ) does not grow at all had it for almost 7 months and still looks the same, I been playing with different places in my tank with no luck. But hoping to see Kenny's pic to see how his is doing.

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told that the Vivid Aquariums Echino LOOKS exactly the same by a reputable source, and I have also been told that the Vivid Echino IS the same thing as the PBs.

I got a look at at pic of Kenny's Vivid and it looks like PB's to me.
Dave

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I have also been told that the Vivid Echino IS the same thing as the PBs.

Meaning the same colony? I'm not sure how that could be true. I spoke to the guys at the Vivid booth at the last RAP. They had had theirs for months and months, according to the gentleman I spoke to. We had only recently received the PB.

Last edited:

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning the same colony? I'm not sure how that could be true. I spoke to the guys at the Vivid booth at the last RAP. They had had theirs for months and months, according to the gentleman I spoke to. We had only recently received the PB.

I could definitily be wrong. I still want the PB, just in case!:D I know Vivid has had theirs for a while, as you said. Maybe a sister colony?
Dave

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, when I saw theirs (I saw a big piece, not just the frag that Kenny bought) I thought it was the same coral. Tough to tell exact color of pink though, since they had different lighs than I run. However, I've never seen them side by side, and I certainly wasn't paying attention to subtleties like the green growth edge thatk the rest of you chalice freaks would have noticed :D :D so I'm not 100% sure one way or the other....

Last edited:

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, one difference (and a huge one) is that by the looks of amore169's piece the Vivid is a super slow grower. That is definitely not the case with the PB. My chuck is like Marvins, after fragging it it has already healed over completely and then some in a weeks time. That would be a huge deal to me.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, one difference (and a huge one) is that by the looks of amore169's piece the Vivid is a super slow grower. That is definitely not the case with the PB. My chuck is like Marvins, after fragging it it has already healed over completely and then some in a weeks time. That would be a huge deal to me.
yeah... hoping it'll grow the same as the Orig ME... that will be wonderful!!!! ;)

anyway, I'll add the PB to the WM thread... close enough!!! :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back