Sikryd's Mixed Reef

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I figured I should post how my 125g came about and the work it took to get it where it is.

I'll add more updated shots as I find them on my computer. This first set is about 4 months old.

The beginning of the tank transfer, Tank taped off ready to paint

DSC04591.jpg

The next few are of it in transition from painting it, putting in a support for the 6ft power strip, and cutting, routing and painting the board that the light hangs on from the ceiling.

DSC04596.jpg

DSC04598.jpg

DSC04592.jpg

IMG00341.jpg

The screens I cut and made to keep the wrasses in check

DSC04635.jpg

Installed

DSC04650.jpg

Ready for the transfer

DSC04659.jpg

Wires, electronics and things - lol

command.jpg

Command Center installed

commandcenter.jpg

Plumbing

DSC04634.jpg

New custom sump added about 4 weeks after the tank was up and running - fun fun....

Sump1.jpg

Old FTS

Tankvortecs.jpg

Old Aquascaping and FTS

DSC04695.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you have that tank just packed with goodies!

That was all the "old" stuff. I got rid of 90% of it. But in the process, picked up about 130% more! lol
I'll post some new FTS if I can get some today.
After all the stuff grows out and I decide the colors and growth patterns I like I am going to have a mini-colony sale and pass it on to other reefers..

blaze98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I see a half square inch of space available for another frag...ha ha.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was all the "old" stuff. I got rid of 90% of it. But in the process, picked up about 130% more! lol
I'll post some new FTS if I can get some today.
After all the stuff grows out and I decide the colors and growth patterns I like I am going to have a mini-colony sale and pass it on to other reefers..

Can't wait to see the newer FTS's!

I'm also surprised you got away with doing all that work on the carpet ... you must be single or very, very careful ;)

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is from the Tank Crash! And subsequent reason to "restock" :xd:

Deadcoral.jpg

Here is a cool Acro that is METALLIC green with white polyps. I remember that it is from an unusual area, but I have to check again to find out where it came out of. I have had it for 4 months and have watched it change into this. I can't wait to see what it turns out to look like.

GreenMetallicAcro2.jpg

These are some grandis that I have had for a while and are just now coloring up. They are bigger than a quarter. Well you can tell how big they are from the frag plug too.

grandis.jpg

The Picasso's Townhouse

Nem-1.jpg

One of my crocea's that is up for sale now that it is taking up too much valuable real estate! lol - it is on a big rock that needs to go. Oh and my little ham of a Foxface. Him and the Purple Tang cruise around together like best friends.

Clamforsale.jpg

And a couple other recent additions

Clam1copy.jpg

One of my favs

Greenngoldclam.jpg

My favorite right now. It is more of an actual electric blue and real white

Bluenwhiteclam.jpg

Here are a couple crappy tank shots from before the storm tonight - it shut the power off and all kinds of good stuff

Here is the cleaner shrimp cave and the Lineatus hideout
(oh...and Chalice Land...lol)

Leftsidetank.jpg

This area is getting ready to be re-worked so it looks a lot cleaner and has more "depth" to it...

Fulltankshot1.jpg
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm434/Sikryd/125g RR/Fulltankshot1.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I see a half square inch of space available for another frag...ha ha.

Elbert you know I am saving space for that Rosario! lol

sick tank sikryd, post recent pics please.

Thanks Man. I'll be posting more pictures as I can get some. My camera sucks and it takes about 20 pictures to get one decent one. I need to sell some frags and get that new Canon underwater for $300 - thats a few nice pieces though! doh...

Good to finally see some pics Chad :)

Mark - what can I say - I'm addicted to reefing.... ;)

Can't wait to see the newer FTS's!

I'm also surprised you got away with doing all that work on the carpet ... you must be single or very, very careful ;)

There is actually a Turkish rug (from Turkey) in front of the tank. I put down a big moving blanket when I do any type of tank maintainance. The guys laughed when I did the tank transfer cause I covered the WHOLE living room. They figured out why when we were in the middle of it and saw how clumsy I am! lol
I am also Mr. Dad - so I do all the cleaning. Otherwise I am sure my wife would have a fit.

I'll get some pictures of the fish (she's loves the fish, I love coral (both actually - but don't tell her that - she buys the fish :) )

El Camaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man its impressive to see how many frags you have, it looks great.

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha why do you have a 125? you have enough corals to stock a 300 i think its time for an upgrade :) the tank looks nice by the way!

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha why do you have a 125? you have enough corals to stock a 300 i think its time for an upgrade :) the tank looks nice by the way!

Thanks Guys. It keeps me pretty busy!
Half of the frags will be gone after they grow into mini-colonies and they color up.
I'm going to weed through them and pick out the colors/growth patterns/strains and species I like and pass on the rest to other reefers or the LFS for supplies.

It literally is a work in progress. I am still fixing the par on the lighting, adjusting the levels of the coral and par they are in and stuff like that. So it is FAR from finished as to what the end product is going to look like. I don't have any corals glued down on the rock right now, and won't until I figure out where each piece likes to be the best.
Kind of like underwater gardening ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You hould have bought my 65x36x24

Bigger tank would always be nice - and the wife would probably love it. But if you look at the living room, it would jut out too far. That is why I got rid of the 120g pretty quick after I set it up. A 150g might have worked, but I love this tank and won't be switching anytime soon.
This tank "fits" the living room...
It is more of a living room "piece of art" than it is a huge frag tank or grow every piece of coral I can. That is why I plan on going through it and selling the mini-colonies I am not in love with as they grow out.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank !

Thanks Man!

Are you the one with the tile on the front of the stand? I think I am going to go to that. That one is sik! The one I saw on WAMAS with the clownfish in the broken tile pieces.
I haven't decided yet exactly what I am going to do, but the stand is going get a makeover too.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a new addition from NYaquatics - couldn't pass up the $59 price tag!

Borbonius.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back