Silly Aptasia Question

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to remove some rock from a frag tank that has a bunch of aptasia on it, is there a way i could dip the entire rock and not ruin the actual LR?

I'd like to be able to give it away to some members of my club if possible.

LPSGUY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could take a little boiling water and dump it over the aptasia. Just know what ever the hot water hits it will most likely destroy and turn white. But no big deal it will purple up in no time.

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten rid of aptasia by taking the rick out and putting a flame to it. I would grab a peppermint shrimp. Mine also eat aptasia off rock .

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp
Peroxide Dipping
Blow torch (J/K)
Laser

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp
Peroxide Dipping
Blow torch (J/K)
Laser

What's the best way to add salt to a new tank? The water has been dechlorinated and up to temp. I was thinking at first to just add it to the main tank but think it would dissolve into solution better by adding it in the sump tank next to the pump inlet. Just looking for a quick answer for a basic question. Nobody has answered my regular post I put up a little while ago.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 6 peps in there now. I believe some are too big for them.

I was thinking about doing a peroxide dip. I'll give it a try!

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best way to add salt to a new tank? The water has been dechlorinated and up to temp. I was thinking at first to just add it to the main tank but think it would dissolve into solution better by adding it in the sump tank next to the pump inlet. Just looking for a quick answer for a basic question. Nobody has answered my regular post I put up a little while ago.

Is this a brand new tank with nothing in it yet?

If so you can add the salt directly to the tank and just wait for the salinity to stabilize.

If you're doing a water change its best to mix it seperatly and get the water up to temp.

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response. First things first since I also bought a RO/DI unit with my setup. Currently I have tap water in the tank that has been dechloreinated but upon the advice of others I will simply use the current water to finish sealing any small leaks then dump it and add RO/DI.

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp or if you want to get rid of it quick just drop some boiling water on it. That will get rid of the sucker. I just had one pop up a month ago on one of my small pieces of rock that had no coral on it. I just simply got rid of the rock for good and said bye bye.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if its the first time then just add alittle at a time in front of a powerhead, if you just shake it in it will blow around and dissolve quickly.

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response on this matter. I'm very glad to be connected to so many people with similar interests. From earlier post, I've decided to stay completely away from tap and use what I have in place just to check for leaks and a proper running system.
, then drain it off. I'm in the process of installing my Rodi. Now, my biggest question is. .. Where to get a 65 gallon vertical plastic storage tank that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for shipping. I've found what I want for just a little over a hundred bucks but shipping is almost twice that. what the heck? Please advise I'm in the Wichita, Ks area and wanting to do it right the first time. Anybody in my area want to make friends and share ideas? Thanks again for everybody's help.

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help once again. I sent them a message and hopefully they'll answer back promptly. How long have you been doing salt water marine and what size tank are you running currently? I'm looking forward to getting further set up and appreciate your feed back in questions I have concerning the start up of a successful tank.

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see a bigger picture of the reef tank you have for your user ID profile picture.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back