Simon's 450

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a doubt your tank is my favorite on r2r. I absolutlely love your stocking and every fish selection including my favorite fish ever. The scape and corals are insane too

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s very kind of you .... so which is your favorite fish? I’d be hard pressed to name my favorite LOL.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a joke in a video a few years ago about my $25 yellow tang beating on a $500 gem tang. Final trickle of wild caught yellows on DD are $550. How’s that for irony. My $500 gem better not get cross eyed at my $550 yellow.

3” Achilles ain’t going anywhere close to the display. God knows how much they’ll be .... if you can even find one.
I had to find a reefer shutting down. $750+ for a yellow in Canada now. Bought the guys entires set up with 3 yellows for that.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s funny. Sold a really nice car stereo years ago with an old car wrapped around it LOL. Fish prices are just going insane. There’s a single zoster on DD today for $140. I bought my trio for less than that a few years ago.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your glorious polyzona

oh yeah, that one ...... I’ve had him for a few years. Almost didn’t buy it. $800 at the time which seemed kind of a silly amount to spend on a fish. Glad in retrospect as I have never seen one for sale since, though that still seems a lot for a fish.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that one. If they’re any easier than the Convicts AND available to me, may consider one.

The ‘regular’ convict is curiously tricky, not really sure why. I’ve had a few and they mostly seem to come in paper thin. I have one now in my frag tank. Got it as a tiny juvenile and deathly thin and it’s taken me a year, no exaggeration, to get it to about 2” and a decent weight.

It’s funny, I have a few fish languishing in my frag tank because I’m frankly nervous about adding them to the display. Had thought at one point about selling them, but with the current situation with fish I’m not going to do that. Longnose black and an Achilles. Worth their weight in gold LOL.

My polyzona came from DD, and is the only one I’ve ever had, so a sample size of one. It arrived to me in good shape so no major problems. Was a bit nerve wracking introducing it to the display knowing how intolerant SW fish can be to newcomers. As I noted, haven’t seen another one for sale since.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would definitely be your damsels, believe it or not haha.

I am a big fan of chrysiptera damsels. Give them enough space, in numbers so they just hassle each other, and they’re awesome group fishes.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmn, wonder what I could put here .....

19F10F97-711E-460E-8116-328269B9C322.jpeg

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few tangs in my frag tank that have suddenly become a lot more valuable .... and I am even more hesitant than before to put them in with the tang gang. Soooooo, noodling over adding a tank to the system and that's the only available spot that makes sense. Used to be the frog tank location before my teen sons lost interest. I can fit a 65" tank of approximately 150 gallons. I would ask all you chaps and gals what you think, but I am pretty sure I already know LOL.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few tangs in my frag tank that have suddenly become a lot more valuable .... and I am even more hesitant than before to put them in with the tang gang. Soooooo, noodling over adding a tank to the system and that's the only available spot that makes sense. Used to be the frog tank location before my teen sons lost interest. I can fit a 65" tank of approximately 150 gallons. I would ask all you chaps and gals what you think, but I am pretty sure I already know LOL.

Is it wet yet? ;)

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, noodling is just now turning to ordering (way to go with the will power there Simon) .... but the tank will take 10 weeks to come so that gives me a bit of time to assemble the extra kit I will need. I also have a gigas clam that is going to need a better spot than the frag tank. Gigas clams are binary - they either die to grow huge. Cannot put it into the 450 because of the angels .....

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, noodling is just now turning to ordering (way to go with the will power there Simon) .... but the tank will take 10 weeks to come so that gives me a bit of time to assemble the extra kit I will need. I also have a gigas clam that is going to need a better spot than the frag tank. Gigas clams are binary - they either die to grow huge. Cannot put it into the 450 because of the angels .....

Looking forward to it. :)

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You won't ten weeks with this peanut gallery egging you on! Looking forward to this and love your 450!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back