Six line wrasse? OR, some type of dottyback?

Ram Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals, I’m looking at setting up a 10g frag tank and am considering one fish along with some snails for algae. The fish for pests. I’m leaning towards a sixline turbos and hermits, but, I also like dotty backs specifically the Arabian and orchids. The main “pest” I have is bristle worms. Yes 100 percent from over feeding my main 40 g softie tank. My softies clowns and mckoskers love the “soft soup” tank though.

purpose of the fish will be to remove any bristles from stuff I frag from the main and possibly any pests from new additions to the frag. Got a frag of goblins on fire recently with what I could only assume was a bad isopod on it and crush the little bhole in the bag against the plug stem. Lots of places around me are pretty bad about bristles aiptasia and so forth.

thanks for any replies or insight! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

OP
OP
R

Ram Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sixline in every system I run.
You can trap and remove the worms with a small plastic jar and a piece of shrimp.
Thanks! Ive done the trap method and theres… theres just so many of them man lol. Tanks been set up for about 5 years now and they are very well established

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Ive done the trap method and theres… theres just so many of them man lol. Tanks been set up for about 5 years now and they are very well established
Yep just keep on removing them is the best you can do, imo.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sixline wrasse and even most other wrasses wont go after the big bristleworms. I personally dont like 6 lines as the only one I have tried bit the fins of any fish in the tank and was removed before it could cause anymore harm. They are a hit or miss sort of fish in terms of aggression

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my six line. If it is the only fish, I will not be able to bully any other fish. I am not sure they eat bristle worms, maybe the very young one. Coral banded shrimp are supposed to eat them. So I bought one, but I never saw her eating any worms, except the one I caught and fed to her. I may see less of worm now though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back