MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a precision marine protein skimmer and the pump crapped out on me today when I got home. I run my co2 scrubber off that so I'm worried about my ph and I've already been battling high nitrates so I need it fixed asap. It's an rlp 1000 and I am desperately trying to find a replacement for that pump or one that will work in its place, but I'm not sure what to get. Already emailed the company asking if they still carry it, but I can't find it on their website... anybody know what kind of pump I could use?

OP
OP
MICU murse

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moot point now b/c out of deapitation I ordered a new pump, the company told me mine has been discontinued for 5+ years haha so I'm a little late. The new pump is a corallife 125 superskimmer pump (not the skimmer itself). The skimmer has mixed reviews, but it sounds like the pump puts in work so I will try it. My biggest fear is that it is a 2000 L/hr whereas the factory one is just 1000 L/hr. It should come in tomorrow, once I set it up I will post an update so you knows how it goes.

OP
OP
MICU murse

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hooked it up, haven't got the right prices so I will have to go to lowes. Looks good so far with the output resting inside the skimmer it flooded it immediately. I raised the skimmer, adjust the h2o level, and lowered the pump and it's working like a champ. Very quiet with the silencer it comes with, I'm going to see if I can integrate it with my diy co2 scrubber. Very satisfied thus far.

Back