Skimmer pump replacement

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2017
Messages
57
Reaction score
45
Location
Lynchburg Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a precision marine protein skimmer and the pump crapped out on me today when I got home. I run my co2 scrubber off that so I'm worried about my ph and I've already been battling high nitrates so I need it fixed asap. It's an rlp 1000 and I am desperately trying to find a replacement for that pump or one that will work in its place, but I'm not sure what to get. Already emailed the company asking if they still carry it, but I can't find it on their website... anybody know what kind of pump I could use?
 
Moot point now b/c out of deapitation I ordered a new pump, the company told me mine has been discontinued for 5+ years haha so I'm a little late. The new pump is a corallife 125 superskimmer pump (not the skimmer itself). The skimmer has mixed reviews, but it sounds like the pump puts in work so I will try it. My biggest fear is that it is a 2000 L/hr whereas the factory one is just 1000 L/hr. It should come in tomorrow, once I set it up I will post an update so you knows how it goes.
 
Just hooked it up, haven't got the right prices so I will have to go to lowes. Looks good so far with the output resting inside the skimmer it flooded it immediately. I raised the skimmer, adjust the h2o level, and lowered the pump and it's working like a champ. Very quiet with the silencer it comes with, I'm going to see if I can integrate it with my diy co2 scrubber. Very satisfied thus far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new