Skimmer Suggestions

Austin Wiant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im starting up a 50 gallon reef tank and want to know the best protein skimmers. Any suggestions? I dont really have a price range but also want to keep it at a reasonable cost.

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a reef octopus 150int on a 40 gallon with about 20 gallons in the sump.

It's does phenomenally. There are quieter brands out there if that's an issue for you though.

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in similar boat and seriously considering the Aquamaxx FC-80 as my other Aquamaxx skimmer performs incredible, looks great and is dead quiet.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquamaxx co-1 is super silent... great skimmer, steady foam. I recently acquired a nyos 120 just to test it out. Performance wise I would say is comparable.. noise lvl also... the only difference is the price. If your on a budget go with the Aquamaxx, if you want the name n have extra cash go with NYOS.

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an Aquamaxx CO1 for my 70 gallon. The system is not up and running yet but I did a ton of research and it seemed the best bang for the buck.. Seems to get really good reviews

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 78 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back