Skimmer Vs. Chemi-Clean

TheReefDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So, in my previous post I talked about a red slime issue that was literally taking over my tank. A fellow reefer referred me Chemi-Clean. So I went on Amazon, bought it, read the directions (which included turning off my skimmer) dosed my tank, 2 days later did a 20% water change like suggested. NOW....the red slime is gone...kudos to Chemi-Clean for their amazing product....BUT......I haven’t been able to run my skimmer because it just keeps over flowing and it’s been just about a month after the dose and several large water changes. Does anyone know what I should do, or how to help solve this problem? Right now I did a 20 gallon water change, and the skimmer is running with no collection cup just continuously over flowing....I even took the skimmer out of my sump and cleaned it, and it’s still over flowing. HELP ME!!!
Follow me on Instagram @TheReefDude

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a pretty well established success rate doing the following. It worked well for me:

Mix up a 5 gallon bucket of new SW on a day when you have some free time. Grab a seat by your tank, and start emptying the skimmer cup down the drain as it fills, and replacing the lost water with new SW from the bucket. By the time I got through about 4 gallons my skimmer had calmed down and was working again. Good luck!

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you replace/add carbon after the water changes ? That usually helps. Also you can raise the skimmer and it should settle down.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back