Skimmer

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Should you run a skimmer all the time with ricordea and zoos? I have heard that rics likes the water a little dirty. All I have is softies. They are all in a 90 gal. with pc lights. They all look great, but my AquaC Remora skimmer is kicking but. I have to empty it almost every day. I was just wondering if I should put it on a timer? Also, if anyone remembers the trouble I was having with the 24 Gal. aquapod nano, I shut it down and sold it. I put everythng in a 90 gal reef I have. There is a lot of LR and I am slowly ordering some coral. I just got some killer Palythoa Grandis from Liveaquaria.com and some kryptonite zoos from Mark at Russellaquaculture.com. Mark is great and easy to work with. I also have about 70 ricordea polyps and some other zoos. Pics coming when tank looks a little better. I want to get it aranged a little better before pics.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
certainly going to be mixed opinions on this one, but ill give you mine. Myself I skimmed with a skimmer rated for 400 gallons, on a 65 loaded with zoos/plays/rics and they grew like weeds, and all was good. I say keep on skimmin full time.

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure anything likes "dirty water", but there should be ample food in the water column. I have a 90 with an under-rated skimmer and it pulls like crazy 24/7 as well. I say skim away!!

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Cool! Thats what I have been doing. I have not seen a problem with it, I have just seen people do it both ways. Thanks!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back