Sleeper Goby Vs. Cleaner Shrimp

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a cleaner shrimp for quite some time, in fact I was just commenting to my husband how he is the largest and longest living one I’d ever had. Well, I just got a yellow headed sleeper goby Friday, and this morning my cleaner shrimp is nowhere to be found. I didn’t think the goby would be a threat to my shrimp, but he’s the only one it could’ve been. Has anyone else had their sleeper goby prey on their shrimp?? Should I even bother getting a new cleaner or would it be a waste of $$??

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that those gobies can be terrors. Most report they smother corals with sand. Not sure about the shrimp. Curious, how long has he been alive?

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that those gobies can be terrors. Most report they smother corals with sand. Not sure about the shrimp. Curious, how long has he been alive?
I wanna say I’ve had him for 4-5 years. I was prepared to be brushing sand/rocks off my corals from the stupid goby, but definitely not for him to eat my shrimp. :(

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, false alarm! Shrimp came out from wherever it was hiding!

591C6B2A-6070-401B-9D01-504AA0D55B4B.jpeg

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically see his molts, and he rarely hides... especially when I feed the tank, he’s always front and center and he didn’t come out for 2 rounds of food, which is really strange! Maybe he moltedninnprivate this time, but typically he leaves his shell plain as day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back