Small fast worm in tank

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. A few days ago I was feeding my candy cane coral (a very small head) when a worm came out the rock and snatched a piece of food. I didn’t get a good look at the worm and it pulled the food back into a hole very, very fast. On previous days I have seen a small clear worm, very thin, try to take food from the corals but it does not appear to be this fast. Anyway I Fw dipped the rock this occurred on. I have nearly killed me candy canes. Many bristle worms came out in the Fw and tons of pods but I didnt see this thing come out. Does anyone know what this could be and if it’s a bad thing? Have no had any fish or inverts dissapear. Tank is 6+ years old. Have not added any rock for 4+ years. Only recent addition was a candy cane head with two pollops that wasn’t on a plug they just cut it from the mother coral. Should I be scared of bobbits? Only fish are a 2ft engineer goby and a 2-4” four stripe damsel. Many many snails. Tank is a biocube 32 gallon. Recently moved to this from a nanocube 29 gallon. Never lost any fish or inverts to predation.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t it was so fast o barely saw it. But I’ve dipped the crap outta the rock it was in. A user on here @tsouth found me on reddit and helped me determine it was likely a syllid worm. There was a small hole between the polyps of my candy cane when it took it out to move it I believe it hitchhiked in on my candy canes. Then moved into the rock work. I’m going to keep an eye out but I think the Fw dips should have killed anything salty

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t it was so fast o barely saw it. But I’ve dipped the crap outta the rock it was in. A user on here @tsouth found me on reddit and helped me determine it was likely a syllid worm. There was a small hole between the polyps of my candy cane when it took it out to move it I believe it hitchhiked in on my candy canes. Then moved into the rock work. I’m going to keep an eye out but I think the Fw dips should have killed anything salty

As long as it is not a bobbit worm I wouldn't be scared haha. Bobbits are terrifying

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back