Small victory

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally figured out what was happening to my anemone.

Long story short, my anemone that was doing well in the tank started to shrivel up and lose its color. I've been busy with promotions at work so I haven't been able to give it as much attention as I would have liked. Well today I fed the tank and watched the clarkii clown it hosts pull all of the food back out of its mouth not allowing it to eat.
Its starving...
I regularly attempt to feed it once, maybe twice a week but that ******* clown must be pulling the food out every time.
I do have another long tentacle that is doing amazing in the tank which does not host the clown. It has no problems with color or eating/feeding response.

I attached a picture. Tank is a nuvo10 so I dont have any room to separate the clownfish from the anemone so I guess I'm going to be watching the tank until it gets done eating. It does still have color so I'm hoping that it still has some zoos in it that I can slowly nurse back to health.

Any tips?
20180907_171059.jpeg

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats probably not the issue as ive never feed mine and its grown from 2 inches to 15 inches in two years. They are photosynthetic and dont need feeding.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats probably not the issue as ive never feed mine and its grown from 2 inches to 15 inches in two years. They are photosynthetic and dont need feeding.

Agree, except when they are bleached, then they lack the zoo they need to process light into energy.
It could also be just too small for clarki's lovin' on it.
Strawberry basket also makes a good block that still allows flow, light, food, if you can rig it, or net as mentioned, or just isolate the clowns and see what happens

OP
OP
Nanosheriff10

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been puppy guarding it with an acrylic rod. It's still taking food but very slowly. It takes about 40 minutes or so for it to be completely consumed. There is still some pink in the very tips of its tentacles so I'm holding on to hope that I can bring it back.

OP
OP
Nanosheriff10

Nanosheriff10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
It is still taking food and the clarkii has moved on to my other anenome in the tank. The unhealthy nem has packed its bags and has travelled about 10" across my tank over the last two days. Still no improvement in the way it looks but at least it's still taking food.

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My butt&00! Clakii bites his anemone and also rips food out of its mouth. Im deciding between mercy (lfs) or what it deserves.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back