Smat farms led from Amazon

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fan run 24/7 for anyone else? If the light is on, the fan is on. I have it over a rimless tank in my office and I've noticed that. It's not super loud or anything, but it's like 65 degrees in my office and the fan is full blast

Fan is at 25c = 77f temp wise

I run mine at 60% all channels and the fan never comes on:/ I wish it would always be on so keep the leds running cooler , lights are in cool basement

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine at 60% all channels and the fan never comes on:/ I wish it would always be on so keep the leds running cooler , lights are in cool basement
I'll email support, the did just do an update. That sounds wacky. Yours have to be running hotter than mine, mine are at 30% on 3 channels and less on the others

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body tried this light? Mine just arrived and everything other than the Mount seems fine. Wondering what the ideal settings for a 29 gallon cube would be.

Having some serious issues with this light currently. Feel like I have a broken unit on my hands. I’ve uploaded a YouTube link to my “Timer Preview” and it’s all out of whack. Watch:

I don’t understand where the TIME PERIOD: 00 is coming from? The settings I have set my light to are not the actual settings the light is transmitting.
(TP=Time Period: current owners know)
My settings are as follows:
TP 01-02 — Sunrise: 0800-1100
TP 02-03 — Sunlight:1100-1700
TP 03-04 — Sunset: 1700-2000
TP 04-01 — Moonlight is 8p-8a

I don’t have a “TP 00” in my settings, but the lights transmitting a TP 00 signal. The light in the YouTube video I linked is reading as follows:
TP 00-01 —- 800 to 1100
TP 01-02 —- 1100 to 1700
TP 02-03 —- 1700 to 2000
TP 03-00 —- 2000 to 0800

So with the above - the light is as follows:
Sunrise is actually 11a-5p
Sunlight is actually 5p-8p
Sunset is actually I have NO FREAKING CLUE!!!!!! This light is being a true PIA!

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having some serious issues with this light currently. Feel like I have a broken unit on my hands. I’ve uploaded a YouTube link to my “Timer Preview” and it’s all out of whack. Watch:

I don’t understand where the TIME PERIOD: 00 is coming from? The settings I have set my light to are not the actual settings the light is transmitting.
(TP=Time Period: current owners know)
My settings are as follows:
TP 01-02 — Sunrise: 0800-1100
TP 02-03 — Sunlight:1100-1700
TP 03-04 — Sunset: 1700-2000
TP 04-01 — Moonlight is 8p-8a

I don’t have a “TP 00” in my settings, but the lights transmitting a TP 00 signal. The light in the YouTube video I linked is reading as follows:
TP 00-01 —- 800 to 1100
TP 01-02 —- 1100 to 1700
TP 02-03 —- 1700 to 2000
TP 03-00 —- 2000 to 0800

So with the above - the light is as follows:
Sunrise is actually 11a-5p
Sunlight is actually 5p-8p
Sunset is actually I have NO FREAKING CLUE!!!!!! This light is being a true PIA!

I think I had to set mine in "order."

I had to go into sunrise and set it, then the light period, and then sunset. In order. Then go and reselect the current mode to activate it. If you don't go back to the modes menu and select your mode again it doesn't make the changes. This includes when you tweak led intensities

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference with the v2 ? I just got a new light and the instructions talk about sps and lps settings, my current lights don’t have that

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference with the v2 ? I just got a new light and the instructions talk about sps and lps settings, my current lights don’t have that
Directly from support: there's a new wifi chip to make them master/slave and they aren't compatible to run like that. So you'll have to manually set each unit up.

From us: sounds like the fan is forced on at different % ratings and is more aggressive

As far as I understand the lps/sps settings are just preset suggestions. They aren't actually anything special.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Directly from support: there's a new wifi chip to make them master/slave and they aren't compatible to run like that. So you'll have to manually set each unit up.

From us: sounds like the fan is forced on at different % ratings and is more aggressive

As far as I understand the lps/sps settings are just preset suggestions. They aren't actually anything special.

Wait so the master/. Slave is being taken out? I like that setting works very well

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also the new lights came with a remote, not sure what that is used for

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so the master/. Slave is being taken out? I like that setting works very well

Version 1 and version 2 units are not cross compatible as master/slave

So if you bought an older light and you bought one very recently, they are not compatible to sync together wirelessly.

The feature is still there.

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I ever get a 5th light, It would be pretty cool to have one a bit more warm and give that sunset like feeling….I might try that when I have company over

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I had to set mine in "order."

I had to go into sunrise and set it, then the light period, and then sunset. In order. Then go and reselect the current mode to activate it. If you don't go back to the modes menu and select your mode again it doesn't make the changes. This includes when you tweak led intensities

I’ve been monitoring the changes all day. See what happens with the light for its 12hr. cycle. I’m also having problems getting back into the menu once the standby mode goes away. I can’t get back into the OLED display to make changes.

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been monitoring the changes all day. See what happens with the light for its 12hr. cycle. I’m also having problems getting back into the menu once the standby mode goes away. I can’t get back into the OLED display to make changes.
I would probably contact their support, they are pretty quick to respond honestly

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll email support, the did just do an update. That sounds wacky. Yours have to be running hotter than mine, mine are at 30% on 3 channels and less on the others

What is the latest version? How do you update?

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm when i get stuck in menus...i usually just hit the ESC button till it takes me all the way out and then ill go back in

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The versions are just this latest shipment. There was a definitive break of when all the lights went out of stock last time and the ones currently up. I have no idea how to tell the "version" since I only have the newer one

If you go into system you can check what version, my first two are 1.1 and now I just got 2.0, I wonder if I can update or something

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go into system you can check what version, my first two are 1.1 and now I just got 2.0, I wonder if I can update or something
I thought I saw a version somewhere lol, mine is also at 2.0, I'm not sure how you would update it. I don't think you can go forwards with the older ones because they have different network boards. That would be a nightmare on the firmware side. Also, there's no port for any sort of connection externally. I think as they develop these lights we might see something like that get added.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I saw a version somewhere lol, mine is also at 2.0, I'm not sure how you would update it. I don't think you can go forwards with the older ones because they have different network boards. That would be a nightmare on the firmware side. Also, there's no port for any sort of connection externally. I think as they develop these lights we might see something like that get added.

Ya I just played around with the new ones and they definetly have a different menu, I have them as backup for now so we will see when I implement them. I contacted company and will report

jor8888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fan was making annoy high pitch noise so I returned mine it was the old version . Anyone got the new version have fan whinning noise?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back