Smat farms led from Amazon

Yoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my stand in, tank on the stand, and lights mounted. I ended up making a mounting bracket using aluminum u-channel and electrical conduit.

I was leak/level checking the tank - it's my first saltwater tank... I've got a ways to go before fish and corals. But so far I like these lights a lot!

1639091201198.png

1639091218757.png

Yoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessel arm mounts fit these, just a FYI for those rimmed tanks folks like me.

Did yours come with a remote? Both of mine did not have a remote, I contacted seller via Amazon and waiting to here back.
I got no remotes with my three. Don't really think I'd use it though, no biggy. I plan to set it and forget it.™

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a cr 2032. Will say that the remote is useless lol.

Well truthfully, I'm not even sure I'm getting a remote. My new Smat Farm light is supposed to be delivered later today.
I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

What are you guys using for your moonlight settings? I assume you set all channels to 0% except one of the blue channels?

hoping the included bracket will work with my rimmed tank... if not, I might need to get a little creative with the mount.

Ballman17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well truthfully, I'm not even sure I'm getting a remote. My new Smat Farm light is supposed to be delivered later today.

What are you guys using for your moonlight settings? I assume you set all channels to 0% except one of the blue channels?

hoping the included bracket will work with my rimmed tank... if not, I might need to get a little creative with the mount.

I set mine to all zeros for moonlight.

If you loosen the 4 tiny screws on the bracket you can kinda make it work on a rimmed tank. It was too sketchy for me though so I took the brackets off an mounted the arms to the wall.

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No moonlight for me either. I have mine on a cheap 10g tank for coral qt. I had to use a plastic lid to in between the screws and glass to get it to fit.

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If u need any help with the programming I can take a video for u tonight on how I did mine.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light was delivered today. The included bracket wouldn't work with my rimmed tank, so i ended up attaching the bracket to the wall. My light did not come with a remote, but after setting it up, that shouldn't be an issue. so far, i like the light. although the min moonlight settings are still too bright for my liking. so i just set it to all 0% for moonlight.

will definitely need to pick up a second unit for complete coverage on my 36" tank.

Replacing viparspectras, which i found too white even with whites set to 1%. liking the Smat Farms lights better in that respect.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'm having issues setting the sunrise/sunset timer also.

My tank is typically lit from 1pm till midnight. (full intensity) So I was hoping to start ramping the lights up at noon, be at full intensity at 1PM. Stay at full intensity until midnight, and then ramp down till 1AM, and turn off.

So I set my sunrise time to 12:00 - 13:00.
Then set the sunset time to 23:59 - 0:59 (another poster suggested this instead of 24:00 - 1:00)

That still didn't work. My light just quickly ramped down and turned off at 23:59.

By the time I figured this out, I was ready for bed and gave up. I'll give it another shot tonight.

Does anybody else have a sunset time that straddles midnight? starts ramping down before midnight, but finishes after midnight, and it works successfully?

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I'm having issues setting the sunrise/sunset timer also.

++++++++

Then set the sunset time to 23:59 - 0:59 (another poster suggested this instead of 24:00 - 1:00)
Sorry that didnt work.. I dont have mine on a tank right now to test... one way you could fix it is to change the actual internal clock time so it is not accurate so you dont have to straddle the midnight bug.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that didnt work.. I dont have mine on a tank right now to test... one way you could fix it is to change the actual internal clock time so it is not accurate so you dont have to straddle the midnight bug.

Good idea, I did not even think of that. thanks!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This ^^^^^ just cheat the actual clock and you're good to go. It's essentially a digital timer, so you have the room to set it at any time.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i messed with it a bit more but it really seems like your daily timer settings have to "complete" within the same 24 hr day, or it just wont work. I could not get it to work without resorting to the setting the clock back enough so the cycle completes in the same day. its been set now for a few days and now syncs fine with my other lights. happy with it so far. Now i need to pick up another one at some point and swap out the old lights completely. great lights for $110.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered another Smat Farm light. Will be running them exclusively soon.
love these lights. unfortunately, they are up to $130 each now.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just ordered another Smat Farm light. Will be running them exclusively soon.
love these lights. unfortunately, they are up to $130 each now.
yeah i just saw that change today…hoping to land a deal on a hydra32hd or i get 2 of these bad boys

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased mine last September 2021...I have it on a Nano AIO 20gal...They are actually good. I switched out my AI Prime for these (SMATFarm). Mine came with a remote and I have mine set via the channels to blues...on my reef

Attachments

• 20211115_165425.jpg
    20211115_165425.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20211130_111426.jpg
    20211130_111426.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 201

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are these compared to k7 v3s? Anyone have both to compare? I see people talking about they are similar to v2s. But I’m between on buying this or v3s
The K7 V2 and the Smat Farm lights are both 95W lights.... the Smat Farm lights have a better lens though, so I would opt for the Smat Farm light over a V2.
The V3's are 140W, have warm white drivers that the V2 doesn't, and also has slightly different spectrum due to different drivers between V2 and V3.
V2 had 410nm and 420nm drivers.
V3 has 405, 415, and 430nm drivers.
Smat Farm has 410, 420, 430, 450, and 457nm drivers, and warm white.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back