Smat farms led from Amazon

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's based off of EcoTech Marine's version of the 20k Radium halide bulb. At least that's what I've read, but I could be wrong?
".....ATI Blue Plus and *ATI
AquaBlue Special in a combination of 80%/20%
and specifically in *ATI Powermodules. In the
same time period given the same parameters and
frags from the same mother colony, this T5 bulb
mix generally outperformed (for most, but not all
corals) their original lighting staple, metal halide......"........Matching and then improving the performance
of the Radion® G3 Pros over the T5 ATI bulbs
took RW the better part of a year. Initially a visual
match provided a starting point, but given that
the eye is a poor tool for evaluating lighting,
additional refinement took a combination of PAR
measurement and spectral analysis. Although the
visual appearance of the light output was different
between the T5 bulbs and the Radions®, coral
response was similar if not identical. From there
further adjustment of the spectrum and fortnightly
reviews resulted in a spectrum that outperformed
the T5 benchmark. ,

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew it was something old school, thanks for correcting it.
Estimate of the 80/20 T5 spectrum..

8020blueplusaqblue.JPG

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran some par's on my 2 smat farms over a 36 inch by 12 inch tank at % power 25/75/75/15/15 I am getting pretty uniform lighting of 150 to 185 par 13 inches down. If I crank up blues to 100% par really increases to the 230 to 260 range 13 inches down. lights are about 10 inches off water surface. liking them so far
Thank you for this. I had a feeling they put out some great numbers and you confirmed it for me. I am very impressed with mine. I’m using a similar spectrum

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in trying these. Anyone open them up and see if led can be replaced to change the spectrum? Any long term issues yet?

jor8888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like they ran out this from Amazon, the last 2 I got were all used someone returned them, I picked the better one and kept it. Been running fine for 2 weeks now they told me their china factory is shut down due to covid. Amazon price is up to $170 now. But still worth it consider it gives the corals colors the other cheap led lights cant.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like they ran out this from Amazon, the last 2 I got were all used someone returned them, I picked the better one and kept it. Been running fine for 2 weeks now they told me their china factory is shut down due to covid. Amazon price is up to $170 now. But still worth it consider it gives the corals colors the other cheap led lights cant.
Wow! must be getting very popular! I just bought mine a month ago for $125

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just joined and was searching for post on these lights. I have a 1.5 month old reefer 350 with 4 of these lights and i love them. Started with 2 amd then added another amd another. Planning on sps dominant. Ive been out of the game for 8 years and hoping to staet on good again.....only whites for pic

Attachments

• 20220217_112634_HDR.jpg
    20220217_112634_HDR.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 114

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just joined and was searching for post on these lights. I have a 1.5 month old reefer 350 with 4 of these lights and i love them. Started with 2 amd then added another amd another. Planning on sps dominant. Ive been out of the game for 8 years and hoping to staet on good again.....only whites for pic
Did you pull the black backing off the rear of your tank or is that how they come now?

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you pull the black backing off the rear of your tank or is that how they come now?
Ive never been a fan of black background, i cut around the overflow...it was just a sticky black film that came right off

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered these at $130 on AliExpress, waited a month and they never shipped, probably couldn’t get shipment in. Got my refund and saw on Amazon last night they had it in stock with prime shipping so I ordered a pair at $158 each with a $10 coupon code. Should be here Friday, I got lucky it seems to be out of stock again. I’m replacing my two AI prime that was struggling with par in my tank without cranking it so high. I just hate the thought of forcing it so high to reach the par level and having the lens melt which is a no for me and the reason I’m changing it out. I have a par meter I rented from BRS, got about 2 weeks left before I have to return it back so this is perfect. Looking forward to trying it out.

JachPot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email to them and they're sending over another set of units very soon and are going to run a "promo" at the same price ($148) that you bought them for.

A note they included is that they had to use a new 2.4 GHz chip and the new units won't communicate wirelessly with the old units.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered these at $130 on AliExpress, waited a month and they never shipped, probably couldn’t get shipment in. Got my refund and saw on Amazon last night they had it in stock with prime shipping so I ordered a pair at $158 each with a $10 coupon code. Should be here Friday, I got lucky it seems to be out of stock again. I’m replacing my two AI prime that was struggling with par in my tank without cranking it so high. I just hate the thought of forcing it so high to reach the par level and having the lens melt which is a no for me and the reason I’m changing it out. I have a par meter I rented from BRS, got about 2 weeks left before I have to return it back so this is perfect. Looking forward to trying it out.
Please let us know the par readings you get and at what settings. Thanks!!

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using these lights for about a month. My corals seem to love the lights. Only complaint I have is once you sunset, you have one setting until sunrise. You could do a blue led at 1% but this is too bright for all night. Wish you could run that for a couple hours and then go dark.

so rating for me is light itself 10. Programmability 5.
bang for your buck 10

I picked up a Fluval aquasky I am going to setup for moonlight only, I will let you know my thoughts on that too. Even after buying that I’m way cheaper than any other light of this caliber.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back