Smat farms led from Amazon

GzO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly the thread I was hoping to find! Between this thread and TeleGraham's reviews on HumbleFish, this looks like it will be a good investment.
I ordered one of these to replace my little NiCrew 30w over my IM Nuvo 20 and I should have it by the weekend.
I wrote down a bunch of everyone's settings so I can play with them a little when I get it.
My only question then would be placement height. How high about the tank would be ideal for my 20g?
I have mine about six inches above the tank. It's a tall twenty gallon tank, 20H I believe.

trhphuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the shortest distance between the side of the tank and the light itself? I want to temporarily use it for a 10 inch wide tank but afraid it may overextend

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the shortest distance between the side of the tank and the light itself? I want to temporarily use it for a 10 inch wide tank but afraid it may overextend
Not sure of your question... this is it on a 30l x 24 w 20 D

1634663956000.png

trhphuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pics. I know it is adjustable but I am afraid even when you make the mount as short as possible, it still measures more than 10 inch from the edge. My tank is 10 inch wide so it's not gonna be in the middle of the tank (or at least inside the tank).

Last edited:

trhphuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I saw some reviews from Amazon that if it extends that far back, the screws are not long enough to hold the light in place. Do you just leave the extension arm out if you want it so short? And is it possible to have the mount hold the light vertical (in the other direction compared to yours currently)?

Yoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are three of these over a 48x24x24 120 gallon enough? (My first reef tank, probably just softy and LPS to start with)

It's an SCA eurobraced tank, can you flip the clamp to mount to a eurobrace?

I'm torn between these, the Popbloom RS90s, Nicrew 100/150, and the Viparspectra. Analysis paralysis!

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Personally think that would be fine.

Dont think so.
Thanks!

I ended up pulling the trigger on 3 of them. Super impressed with them. The wireless linking worked great, lenses and spread look good. Mounts, while incompatible with my tank, look decent enough.

The only quirk I saw is I can't set the schedule to run past midnight, unless I'm missing something there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back