Dragon.JPG
DT Left.JPG
DT Right.JPG
Evansi.JPG
Idol.JPG
Pinky.JPG
Regal.JPG
Shortcake.JPG
Tank is coming along great! Love all the anthias! I'm going to try some evansi in my next future build. I really like those little guys and the difficulty with eating is quite alluring to me. I got a group of lyretails then a pair of borbonius. After that, I got on a fairy wrasse kick then got lost with tangs so more anthias never happened with this build. It can Happen so easy.

Maybe I'll pick your next tank up like the last one, when you're ready to upgrade again. lol Your tanks are immaculate! you're one of the only people I'd trust to by a tank off of.

I think your tank would be a great home to a big lineatus or flame fairy wrasse.

Thank for the updates! It's such a joy reading these comments and seeing the progress.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along great! Love all the anthias! I'm going to try some evansi in my next future build. I really like those little guys and the difficulty with eating is quite alluring to me. I got a group of lyretails then a pair of borbonius. After that, I got on a fairy wrasse kick then got lost with tangs so more anthias never happened with this build. It can Happen so easy.

Maybe I'll pick your next tank up like the last one, when you're ready to upgrade again. lol Your tanks are immaculate! you're one of the only people I'd trust to by a tank off of.

I think your tank would be a great home to a big lineatus or flame fairy wrasse.

Thank for the updates! It's such a joy reading these comments and seeing the progress.

Thanks Daniel!
I really do like the Evansi, just be ready to baby them for a significant amount of time. I have found canalus and cyclops soaked in slecon is the secret sauce for my harem. They got live brine for the first two days to kick off the feeding responses. I still feed them 5 times a day. Now the larger ones eat mysis, once they all do I can go on vacations again haha. Another strong belief I have is that once they made it to the DT, they learned to eat frozen foods by watching the other anthias mainly the barts and randals. They have meshed really well with the barts.

If you really want to try them message/text me. I have a QTed source for them ( not cheap, but conditioned and QTed)

I mean I am going to upgrade eventually! A 500 gallon peninsula is in my future. It is not IF it is WHEN.

I agree on the wrasse. I am starting to hit capacity with fish, but I was truly eyeing a large 5-6" Australian Scotts Fairy wrasse. I have only seen one large one in and real life and wow they are seriously stunning.

I appreciate all the kind words! Next time I make it to the valley I am coming over to check out how my old tank is doing.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank, I love all the new fish in there. What is your opinion on the Moorish Idol, I have read they are very difficult to keep and to feed.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank, I love all the new fish in there. What is your opinion on the Moorish Idol, I have read they are very difficult to keep and to feed.

I love the moorish and so does the wife. She would never let anything happen to him.
He is the reason I go to the local Asian market and get fresh clams, Growing out sponges in the fuge to feed him.
Luckily he is mainly the algae eating version in comparison to the sponge only.

He is super fat now and eats: Clams, Ulva, Sea veggies, PE Mysis, Sponges.

Nutrition and space is my belief to be successful with them. He has now been with me since November. One more year though will be the mark where I truly feel I had true success with a Moorish idol.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your fuge doing?
Have you gotten past the ulva troubles?
Any new additions?

Fuge is doing great!
Yup the Ulva troubles have been handle the natural way urchins and fish and back to feeding it as normal food.
I have added maybe two corals since the last update. A little time for cruise control for growth. I saw a AEFW in my coral QT. So about to start inspections and preventatives in the DT, This could be fun ride but no issues so far with the DT.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice pics. The fish and tank looks great.
Thank you! I still do not know my way around the cameras really well. Watching youtube videos on how to take good photos.
Wowie!!! Lookin great!!!
Thank you! Need to figure out how to take nice photos of the corals. I can never get the colors to match what I see in real life.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend clean up:
Fish has successfully completed QT. Time to sterilize and store for the moment as there is no immediate need for any new non qted fish. Now I have the space under the fuge/coral QT and an open 55 gal standard tank. Trying to decide what to do with the space. DT is on cruise control at the moment. Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe a 55 gallon butterfly tank? Breeding tank? Angler tank? Leave it empty?
IMG-7124.jpg
IMG-7125.jpg
IMG-7126.jpg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend clean up:
Fish has successfully completed QT. Time to sterilize and store for the moment as there is no immediate need for any new non qted fish. Now I have the space under the fuge/coral QT and an open 55 gal standard tank. Trying to decide what to do with the space. DT is on cruise control at the moment. Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe a 55 gallon butterfly tank? Breeding tank? Angler tank? Leave it empty?
IMG-7124.jpg
IMG-7125.jpg
IMG-7126.jpg
1 vote for angler tank.
Had a sargassum angler and it was so cool...until it jumped out of a 30gal...didn't know they jumped.

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 vote for angler tank.
Had a sargassum angler and it was so cool...until it jumped out of a 30gal...didn't know they jumped.
I would have never guessed they jump. I would have a glass lid for this tank though, So that should help!

OP
OP
rds85

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning!!! Great photos and beautiful tank!

Love the rabbit fish!!! What kind is it?

What’s your secret to cleaning glass?
Thank you! @Wen you motivated me to take some photos as there hasn't been many updates in a while.

Me too! such a great personality. He is a gold spot rabbit.

Vingear and water with a micro fiber cloth.... nothing fancy.

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to find how you attached the Gyre to the Eurobrace and couldn't. Do you have an pics of that? Didn't you make an extension on it or something?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back