Smooth Skin/ "Deep Water" Acropora - Show 'em off here!

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This yellow Caroliniana is in fact supposed to be Snow White, with red polyps. A true stunner in its native color. Not sure why it’s yellow in my tank, but the new growth is that sharp white.

51CB16F0-1611-4D49-9EB0-1262B0C9A663.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump on this thread. Seems smoothies have really fallen off and hopefully more start coming around.
I am very curious to see if anyone is keeping Acropora jacquelineae successfully. I don’t see them make it here that often and I saw a really stunning colony on LA that was pink and green. First I have seen thoes colors normally they are just green or tan ime.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving this thread. I've had a thought of doing a tank of just deepwater acros but that will be a long way off. Until then I will keep an eye on this thread.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man no one likes smoothies anymore huh? I am praying this new one makes it. Pink jaq with green tips. First time I have seen one that’s not tan or just green! The bag was leaking when I got it and I forgot to temp acclimate because of the broken bags :( Looks good other than normal shipping stress so far. I am just hoping none of it was exposed to air for too long. If it survives the first few weeks I am going to have to give it a good spot!
Any of you seen one of these in pink before? I saw an article on a pink one they found in indo but it was solid pink and this was years ago.

58E561BF-29DF-414C-8870-F2BE76B85067.jpeg

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh I like them! I just got a frag of a pink jacquelinae (I think?) from Vivid they called "Kiwi Strawberry". Has a nice green sheen in the photos. Came in kind of rough but polyps are out now and hoping it does well.

Man no one likes smoothies anymore huh? I am praying this new one makes it. Pink jaq with green tips. First time I have seen one that’s not tan or just green! The bag was leaking when I got it and I forgot to temp acclimate because of the broken bags :( Looks good other than normal shipping stress so far. I am just hoping none of it was exposed to air for too long. If it survives the first few weeks I am going to have to give it a good spot!
Any of you seen one of these in pink before? I saw an article on a pink one they found in indo but it was solid pink and this was years ago.

58E561BF-29DF-414C-8870-F2BE76B85067.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope we both have success. I love this type of acro But I never see it being propagated much at all. Maybe sometimes vendors will sell good frags of The green variant though which gives me some hope.
When your frag comes around post a pic!

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh I like them! I just got a frag of a pink jacquelinae (I think?) from Vivid they called "Kiwi Strawberry". Has a nice green sheen in the photos. Came in kind of rough but polyps are out now and hoping it does well.
I got that too...it should be a nice piece once it colors up.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Anyone else that picked it up I would love to see some pics. I wonder if that was a wild piece they fragged or if they are growing that variant.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smooth skinned acros are awesome!

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my newest addition. Labeled as only a deep water acropora at my LFS. If anyone can help me with a specific ID that'd be awesome :) Nice teal body and yellowish coralites.

Man has this piece gone through its ups and downs. I'm not even sure its a smooth skin really. Just recently it started to get some blue back in the branches, it's been green and dormant since 2019 :)
Under g5 blue AB+
rru rainbowblossum-10.jpg

Cool Whites of the g5 only
DSC_0239.jpg

I've recently gone back to metal halide/xho so I look forward to what it will do in the future. 2019 and this things in it's 3rd tank, by the end of this year the 4th (and final...hahahah). How's everyone smoothies doing AND whats the nicest one out right now?

Heres my newest baby, RRC hellfire enchinata. Older pic i'll get one under whites
DSC_0154.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back