Snail/Conch ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter ileas12:
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ileas12:

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
232
Reaction score
114
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a murex? And if yes do I need to remove him asap?
1707515053972.png
 
Yeah, that's a murex snail - its diet is most likely bivalves (clams, oysters, mussels, etc.) and/or other snails; so if you have any CUC snails or hitchhiking bivalves, I'd sump him ASAP.

Neat snail though, and you may be able to keep it by offering things like grocery store clams or frozen sea snails - I know babylonian snails and periwinkles are relatively easy to find.
 
Yeah, that's a murex snail - its diet is most likely bivalves (clams, oysters, mussels, etc.) and/or other snails; so if you have any CUC snails or hitchhiking bivalves, I'd sump him ASAP.

Neat snail though, and you may be able to keep it by offering things like grocery store clams or frozen sea snails - I know babylonian snails and periwinkles are relatively easy to find.
Thank you! Off to the sump for now, likely back to the lfs who mislabled him :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new