Snails

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking around town and surrounding LFS for some cleanup crew snails. All I can find are trochus and nassarius. I would like some cerith and nerite snails.

2 questions...
Does anyone have an overload of snails and have any cerith or nerite they are needing to get rid of?

Question 2, If I buy a cleaner pack from reef cleaners and have like 20 extra snails would anyone need any?

I've never ordered from reef cleaners but their packages are cheaper than just selecting what I want bc shipping is included.

I'm stocking a smaller tank so getting a smaller package isn't really an option.

Side bar though, was also looking to introduce a population of copepods to my tank to give it more micro fauna. If anyone out there has any pods their growing and have extra I would take some off their hands for a price.

Thanks for listening and if anyone knows anywhere close to get any cleanup crew let me know. I dont think either of the 2 stores in bham do and I called aquatic cove in Madison and they had only ceriths so thats an option just a long drive for a couple of ceriths.

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could always use some extra snails. If you do order and have extra lmk I'll gladly buy them off of you. I have hermits that always insist on eating my snails as they fall off my glass, so I'm always buying new ones

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could always use some extra snails. If you do order and have extra lmk I'll gladly buy them off of you. I have hermits that always insist on eating my snails as they fall off my glass, so I'm always buying new ones
Sounds good ill let you know the outcome of whatever I decide.

Ramses66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking around town and surrounding LFS for some cleanup crew snails. All I can find are trochus and nassarius. I would like some cerith and nerite snails.

2 questions...
Does anyone have an overload of snails and have any cerith or nerite they are needing to get rid of?

Question 2, If I buy a cleaner pack from reef cleaners and have like 20 extra snails would anyone need any?

I've never ordered from reef cleaners but their packages are cheaper than just selecting what I want bc shipping is included.

I'm stocking a smaller tank so getting a smaller package isn't really an option.

Side bar though, was also looking to introduce a population of copepods to my tank to give it more micro fauna. If anyone out there has any pods their growing and have extra I would take some off their hands for a price.

Thanks for listening and if anyone knows anywhere close to get any cleanup crew let me know. I dont think either of the 2 stores in bham do and I called aquatic cove in Madison and they had only ceriths so thats an option just a long drive for a couple of ceriths.
Check out ebay... I got some from this guy

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out ebay... I got some from this guy

Thanks! Looked him up hes mainly nassarius but I will now look at ebay as well in my decision making. If I need a bunch of nassarius that looks like a steal of a deal though! Good eye!

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I talked Reef Life into ordering cerith snails "soon" I believe so I guess I'm going to hold off for now ordering. I grabbed a couple more trochus earlier this week. They've been put to work.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back