So do mix my leds lights or wait

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my master plan Is to go to all (2) red sea reef 160's on my 4 foot 32" deep reef. I have one ordered. I'm running a 4bulb t5 and. Kessil ap9x at the moment. The plan is to remove the t5 fixture, install the red sea on one side an run the kessil ap9x on the other until I can afford the other 160. Anyone mix red seas with a kessil before? Should I just run one or the other? I could move the kessil ap9 to my fowler upgrading 2 of my 4 older 360wes. Leaving the one red sea 160 over the reef tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea 50 on my frag. Tank all plumbed together. The colors are amazingly deeper an the growth of my frags are awesome under the red sea.. I like it better than the apx9. When set to solid blue The colors of the apx is brighter not as deep than the colors of the redsea. Not sure what that's about. This has kinda been A YEAR LONG review of two top name brand products .

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its fine to mix and match, even permanently. Plus you can always match them later on if it bothers you if its just out of the budget right now.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back