How to distract my wife away from the unauthorized new tank purchase

• Total voters

Iamnotyourtrigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new Innovative Marine 120.4 after hearing all of the Red Sea horror stories. Well, so did everyone else, and no one wants to buy my water bomb. I priced it cheap and lots of accessories ready to go, but, it's still for sale and my new tanks gonna be here Saturday.
So, here are my options

chunkylovah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about creating some sort of elaborate story that gaslights your wife into believing its her fault the red sea tank didn't work out and that your actually saving her money from home damage expenses and numerous liabilities and that actually in this scenario your like a gift from god and she's lucky to have such a big brained guy around with so much foresight?

Honestly, I think this is the way to go...

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new Innovative Marine 120.4 after hearing all of the Red Sea horror stories. Well, so did everyone else, and no one wants to buy my water bomb. I priced it cheap and lots of accessories ready to go, but, it's still for sale and my new tanks gonna be here Saturday.
So, here are my options
Well OP if you want advice from a girl a new pair of earrings never goes bad! Us girls do love earrings for sure, maybe also cook her dinner too and break the news then! Haha

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well OP if you want advice from a girl a new pair of earrings never goes bad! Us girls do love earrings for sure, maybe also cook her dinner too and break the news then! Haha
And tell her you will take her on a trip with the money from the red sea tank if she lets you try to sell it for a good price

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a woman, nothing is going to get you out of trouble and spending more money on earrings isn’t likely to improve the situation for either of you.

I voted cleaning the garage, but really, whatever is on the “honey-do” list that she’s been waiting on you to do should probably get done first before you break the news. That hopefully will soften the blow.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a fine one to say anything here. I started with just a 90 gallon freshwater in the living room. Fast forward and I have an IM SR60, Fiji Cube 22 gallon and a 16 gallon BioCube. I’ve managed to cajole my way into keeping this many tanks by powers of persuasion and letting her go nuts on buying the houseplants we now have everywhere.
Combine horror stories of RedSea tank disasters with her wish list. By the way, great choice in the IM tank. You won’t be dissapointed.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a woman, nothing is going to get you out of trouble and spending more money on earrings isn’t likely to improve the situation for either of you.

I voted cleaning the garage, but really, whatever is on the “honey-do” list that she’s been waiting on you to do should probably get done first before you break the news. That hopefully will soften the blow.
Ah thats good point, I didnt notice the cleaning option. It just really depends on what means more to her

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back