How to distract my wife away from the unauthorized new tank purchase

• Total voters

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the above. You should buy her a bunch of acro frags.
Nah, get a gigas and say "I want to watch our love grow like this clam". Make sure the clam doesn't die. Use this to convince her to let you buy radions.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also. if you get her diamond earrings, she will need new shoes to go with them and then you will have to go on a trip so she can show them off. Then you will have to hire a tank sitter.
If you take her on a trip, she will need new shoes and maybe one or two new outfits. Still have to hire a tank sitter.
If you get her new shoes, she will need a new outfit to go with her new shoes. Then you will have to take her to dinner to show off her new shoes. But no need to hire a tank sitter... much less stress for you.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A whole lot depends on the relationship. Hopefully this doesn’t put you in a financial hardship. If not, and if you have trust in your relationship, just tell her the truth. Preferably before it arrives and you are forced to.

That being said, my wife doesn’t like flowers, she prefers diamonds. And I think cleaning the garage is always good, but I also like the cook her supper and make her feel special. Hopefully you have time for all this before you have to come clean. That way she will remember the things you did, but not see them as a bribe.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only one way, imo. Been married 20 years. Now your wife gets to spend the same amount of money you did. It hurts, but not as much as the alternative. Good luck!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is why I'm a strong advocate for separate accounts. Take care of the responsibilities and have a joint house account. Anything left is fun money for BOTH. It's only money and in the end it doesn't mean anything. Sharing accounts and getting angry over money is a lack of trust.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Just be honest. Better yet, cancel your order and then reorder the tank again if she approves of it. I'm surprised how many people are suggesting lying about it, that's just not a good way to behave. Best of luck.
Honestly, this is my pick for what you should do

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a trip to the Smokies and maybe a new couch to go along with the new tank?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, my wife would be very upset with me for sure. Anything over a couple hundred dollars we need to run by each other.
I make the $ and she is the accountant.
It's the opposite for me and my wife :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...

Are you still breathing? My wife would kill me. It's just that simple.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back