So I found a STEAL of a complete haul of corals. Let me know what you think.

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a worker at a fish store who I’ve become friends with over the year has receded me to a client of his who’s trying to get rid of a lot of stuff. The stuff is hard to get and for Pennie’s on the dollar and am récidivons them tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts! I’m sharing pic tu res of the the tank which I’m buying every piece in!

IMG_1757.png IMG_1756.png IMG_1755.png

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on how much you paid. There are a couple of standouts (the grafted monti for example) but most are pretty common. Either way, good way to make a large impact on your tank at one time :)

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you at that corals are hard to get?
No I mean some of them are no? I’m paying 900 for everything. Each piece is around 10-50$ max included with 2 yellow tile fish, leopard wrasse, and 3 blue eyed fish (forgot the name)

Last edited:
OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on how much you paid. There are a couple of standouts (the grafted monti for example) but most are pretty common. Either way, good way to make a large impact on your tank at one time :)
Yes exactly thank you and I’m paying 900 for everything with a couple of fish

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah... how are you basing pennies on the dollar? $100 per coral doesn't seem like local pricing, that's maybe LFS or internet pricing.

That's taking a name of a coral, looking it up online and saying $100 per coral is a steal.

Personally, when I looked at those frags, I thought $200 would be a fair deal. A steak would be half that.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing some very common, low end coral in those pics like spongodes Monti, digi, candy cane etc...the small rainbow chalice is nice and lobo or w/e it is. Unless you know some of the trade names, I'm not sure $900 is a good deal at all. Nobody is paying $100 per coral for most of that.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel that it’s a good deal, that’s all that matters.
I’ve probably done 15-20 complete tank buyouts in the past 10 years… can always trade or sell off the extra pieces.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd honestly consider backing out if it's not too late.. Especially if your goal is to chop some of this stuff up to sell.

I disagree that if someone not in the know feels like something is a good deal, that is all that matters. If I was about to get ripped off and didn't know any better, I would like someone to educate me and help me save my hard earned money. Now it may be there is a very high end colony of something in those pics that sells for hundreds, but nothing really sticks out that much for me. I sell large 3-4" frags of Grafted Monti for like $20 in my area.

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing some very common, low end coral in those pics like spongodes Monti, digi, candy cane etc...the small rainbow chalice is nice and lobo or w/e it is. Unless you know some of the trade names, I'm not sure $900 is a good deal at all. Nobody is paying $100 per coral for most of that.
Nono it wasn’t just for the corals! I got a bunch of equipment, a bunch of fish, 2 tile fish, a tang, a leopard wrasse, and a bunch more. The corals are not the only thing included in that price !

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nono it wasn’t just for the corals! I got a bunch of equipment, a bunch of fish, 2 tile fish, a tang, a leopard wrasse, and a bunch more. The corals are not the only thing included in that price ! Most corals I bought were in the range of 25-45$. I got many fish along with it, and a lot of equipment.

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah... how are you basing pennies on the dollar? $100 per coral doesn't seem like local pricing, that's maybe LFS or internet pricing.

That's taking a name of a coral, looking it up online and saying $100 per coral is a steal.

Personally, when I looked at those frags, I thought $200 would be a fair deal. A steak would be half that.
Nono it wasn’t just for the corals! I got a bunch of equipment, a bunch of fish, 2 tile fish, a tang, a leopard wrasse, and a bunch more. The corals are not the only thing included in that price !

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it was included with a bunch of equipment, every coral was around 24-50$ max

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back