So I found a STEAL of a complete haul of corals. Let me know what you think.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand too. To be honest for a whole setup thats dang good. And some of those corals are growing out. I paid 2000 just for my red sea g2 and that was on black friday

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and stand too. To be honest for a whole setup thats dang good. And some of those corals are growing out. I paid 2000 just for my red sea g2 and that was on black friday
Yeah
No I mean some of them are no? I’m paying 900 for everything. Each piece is around 10-50$ max included with 2 yellow tile fish, leopard wrasse, and 3 blue eyed fish (forgot the name)
snd a TON of free equipment

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with equipment & tank you’re back to “steal status”

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want that orange bower coral
I had one, killed it, and saw another one yesterday (other than this) and I had the same reaction, want it.

I really need to clean my tank before I add anything new.

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd honestly consider backing out if it's not too late.. Especially if your goal is to chop some of this stuff up to sell.

I disagree that if someone not in the know feels like something is a good deal, that is all that matters. If I was about to get ripped off and didn't know any better, I would like someone to educate me and help me save my hard earned money. Now it may be there is a very high end colony of something in those pics that sells for hundreds, but nothing really sticks out that much for me. I sell large 3-4" frags of Grafted Monti for like $20 in my area.
It’s also in Canadian dollars !

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing some very common, low end coral in those pics like spongodes Monti, digi, candy cane etc...the small rainbow chalice is nice and lobo or w/e it is. Unless you know some of the trade names, I'm not sure $900 is a good deal at all. Nobody is paying $100 per coral for most of that.
Also in Canadian dollars which I forgot to specify !

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one, killed it, and saw another one yesterday (other than this) and I had the same reaction, want it.

I really need to clean my tank before I add anything new.
The coral graveyard is thick in this hobby lol
I’ve only seen 2 healthy orange bower since starting in this hobby. The first one someone had purchased, had a sold sticker on the glass at LFS. This is the second one on this forum. It looks to be bright orange as well. Ultra orange are very hard to come by

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best way to go, help out another reefer and keep the coral alive and happy for a discount. This is how the hobby should work. Some of those pieces look very nice.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral graveyard is thick in this hobby lol
I’ve only seen 2 healthy orange bower since starting in this hobby. The first one someone had purchased, had a sold sticker on the glass at LFS. This is the second one on this forum. It looks to be bright orange as well. Ultra orange are very hard to come by
They are available in similar colors, and I forget what stores I have seen them at recently?

Black And White Halloween GIF by Fleischer Studios

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading through the thread, seeing you're getting a lot of stuff with the corals, relax and enjoy man.

This reminds me of used car pages where people keep trying to 1 up each other because they got the same car a little cheaper while the new owner/poster of the car couldn't give 2 ***** about price and is just loving life and enjoying it.

This is the same to me. If you're happy then who cares. Doesn't matter if corals were a good deal or not (though they sound like good deal).

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading through the thread, seeing you're getting a lot of stuff with the corals, relax and enjoy man.

This reminds me of used car pages where people keep trying to 1 up each other because they got the same car a little cheaper while the new owner/poster of the car couldn't give 2 ***** about price and is just loving life and enjoying it.

This is the same to me. If you're happy then who cares. Doesn't matter if corals were a good deal or not (though they sound like good deal).
Yes exactly thank you! I make one typo and all these guys saying “bro what steak you talking about ik a shop where those frags are blah blah blah” im currently 30 grand deep into this hobby and enjoying every second of it. These corals were a steal and even if they’re weren’t people should just comment on how nice they look like I would if the roles were reversed. People are just mad at life.I appreciate ur comment

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You literally asked for people opinions in the title, then get upset when they aren’t the opinion that you wanted?
Yes but most comments were quite agressive in saying “ this is not a steal what are you saying idk where u got any of tht info ” like I’m new to this hobby no need to be a dick. That’s why I come here, for peoples opinions who know more then me, not to made fun of for a bad deal

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back