So yesterday I did a thing....

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
3,642
Location
Ocala, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this past week, a Peavey bass amp that I have had for almost 20 years decided to take a dump and start crackling. Having had it for nearly two decades and using it for numerous shows/performances, I couldn't bring myself to just get rid of it. So I decided to repurpose it.

Thanks to my friend @Brujah Storm we took out the speaker, removed the mounting board and cross brace in the back, and turned it into a mounting board for my Apex and accessories. We are not totally done, as we are going to attach some fabric similar to grills on other cabinets and make it look like a working system at first glance.

IMG_20191123_200555.jpg
IMG_20191123_200719.jpg
 
Now I'm seeing Marshal stacks next to my tank!
Peavey earned my loyalty years ago as this amp got pushed to the bottom of my parents pool about 15 years ago...

But...I ordered a Hartke TX300 and HyDrive 112 cabinet to replace it.

Man my hobbies are expensive...
 
So this past week, a Peavey bass amp that I have had for almost 20 years decided to take a dump and start crackling. Having had it for nearly two decades and using it for numerous shows/performances, I couldn't bring myself to just get rid of it. So I decided to repurpose it.

Thanks to my friend @Brujah Storm we took out the speaker, removed the mounting board and cross brace in the back, and turned it into a mounting board for my Apex and accessories. We are not totally done, as we are going to attach some fabric similar to grills on other cabinets and make it look like a working system at first glance.

IMG_20191123_200555.jpg
IMG_20191123_200719.jpg


HAHA never seen that before! Cool!
 
Update: built the frame and installed the screen today. Making it look more like a working amp than a case.

IMG_20191130_223108.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new