20190830_213045.jpg
20190918_195556.jpg

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve started attaching Coral to my Internal Overflow. I take a new Frag Plug. take a File and Flatten one side of the “Root” use a standard old drill bit and drill a slight depression in the new Flat area. I glue the Coral Frag. to that depression. Then I glue the top to my overflow.

image.jpg

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve started attaching Coral to my Internal Overflow. I take a new Frag Plug. take a File and Flatten one side of the “Root” use a standard old drill bit and drill a slight depression in the new Flat area. I glue the Coral Frag. to that depression. Then I glue the top to my overflow.

image.jpg
Pretty cool! Hoping corals will take off so back will be invisible.

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow Dan, looking good. Btw I’m fairly sure I’m the new owner of your old DaStaco calcium reactor. Where do you list your sticks for sale?

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
Thank you!! Yes. That's my Dastaco. Was great on my larger tank. It really pushes the a lot of Alk. I don't post much these days unless I'm trying to sell. I get quite a few pm's. Throw me a PM if you want something. I'll be as generous as possible.

Daniel

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan always coming with the heat brotha. Love the tank and scape. Where did you source all that Tonga? It's my favorite rock for sps scaping. Once it's growing in that tank is going to be insane bud.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan always coming with the heat brotha. Love the tank and scape. Where did you source all that Tonga? It's my favorite rock for sps scaping. Once it's growing in that tank is going to be insane bud.
I scored a good load on CL. I collect when I see. When I see people gawking at 10 per lb for tonga. I'm like good luck trying to buy any of mine for 100 per pound. To me this stuff is more valuable than gold. I buy any I see. I have stacks of tubs that I put all the rock I'm hoarding in. Want to be ready when I set up a giant tank. There's no way I'm filling any tank with real reef. I'm itching to turn this tank back into my frag tank. My buddy has a crated 340 from reef savy that I want to pick up.

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is love to see what you could do with a 340. I’m trying to decide when to put that reactor online Dan, I’m currently dosing about 100ml of each two part but with 70 or so sticks sucking it up that demand is going up quick.
Btw we’ll definitely talk business at some point, I’d love to have some of your stuff in my tank.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef savy makes a dang nice tank with all the luxury bells and whistles that you don't think you really need until you use them and wonder how you ever lived without them lol. A Tonga scape in a reef savy 340 would be on another level.

Yea I totally get what you mean. I would happily pay 10 a pound for nice pieces of real tonga any day. I mean hell before dry rock took over we were paying... what?....20-30 a pound for primo premium live rock depending on where it came from and how well it shipped in with all the crazy amounts algae, sponges, tunicates, corals ect still intact and thriving on it. What's 10 a lb. for some of the rarest rock out there, and a stick heads dream rock to scape with. You would think it would catch on with these new school reefers and the heavy shift to a minimalist aquascape. I guess it's us old school guys best kept secret and the fact that we tend to hoard it when we come across it because we know just how special it is. I wish I lived around your area because where I'm at up in the mountains of western NC, real Tonga branch just doesn't exist b especially for sale. Most of what I'm holding, I've had since it was legally coming in and random pieces I find in Lfs on my travels. I've even tried grabbing it out of the classifieds here on r2r when it's posted but most of the guys selling didn't want to mess with shipping it even if I was willing to pay all costs and more then their asking price on the rock. If you ever run into a score of it and don't need it all, I would happily split it with you and make it worth your time shipping it ect.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef savy makes a dang nice tank with all the luxury bells and whistles that you don't think you really need until you use them and wonder how you ever lived without them lol. A Tonga scape in a reef savy 340 would be on another level.

Yea I totally get what you mean. I would happily pay 10 a pound for nice pieces of real tonga any day. I mean hell before dry rock took over we were paying... what?....20-30 a pound for primo premium live rock depending on where it came from and how well it shipped in with all the crazy amounts algae, sponges, tunicates, corals ect still intact and thriving on it. What's 10 a lb. for some of the rarest rock out there, and a stick heads dream rock to scape with. You would think it would catch on with these new school reefers and the heavy shift to a minimalist aquascape. I guess it's us old school guys best kept secret and the fact that we tend to hoard it when we come across it because we know just how special it is. I wish I lived around your area because where I'm at up in the mountains of western NC, real Tonga branch just doesn't exist b especially for sale. Most of what I'm holding, I've had since it was legally coming in and random pieces I find in Lfs on my travels. I've even tried grabbing it out of the classifieds here on r2r when it's posted but most of the guys selling didn't want to mess with shipping it even if I was willing to pay all costs and more then their asking price on the rock. If you ever run into a score of it and don't need it all, I would happily split it with you and make it worth your time shipping it ect.
The next one, I will pass on to you.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is love to see what you could do with a 340. I’m trying to decide when to put that reactor online Dan, I’m currently dosing about 100ml of each two part but with 70 or so sticks sucking it up that demand is going up quick.
Btw we’ll definitely talk business at some point, I’d love to have some of your stuff in my tank.
I'd throw it on. Start between 0 and 1 and adjust with your AB. Until you reach your desired adjustment. Test at same time each day. It's very simple to set up. Once set just turn the knob for more. Multiple beeps. The one that wakes you up at 2 am letting you know your c02 is empty was my favorite.

I measure alk and calc every morning. Calcium is not rolling to much yet but my Alk I dump in 80-90 each morning.

God willing I'll be right here when you're ready.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're the best...I love you buddy. Even though you're totally making me jealous by showing me that tub of branch lol your kindness totally makes up for it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back