Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the PBT Ray... So crazy to have a fish that size all but vanish. Had to be the LTA but still crazy to think about. I'd wager it was probably after lights out and the Tang drifted to close while catching some ZZZZ's. He really did look healthy to me.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all on the pbt. All losses stink but some are more acceptable in the scheme of things.
Take away from this one only thing to do on a qt,d fish is continue observation and when more than one person looks at the fish USE THEM. Simple checklist for each resident complexion both sides r@l scrapes /abrasions, coloration, spots, filmy dusty appearance, fins spots frayed edges, poop check ie long stringy holding on warning signs. Should have better shot if there is a problem gettin msg glass out and 3 pairs of eyes knowing what to check up on while enjoying the view.
As for PBT as Tony Stark said I want it I need it found another qtd guy.
Butterfly wasn’t keeping up food wise it seemed frozen and mysis he was pecking rocks but seemed to want the ease of water column and others were beating him to it time to rehome. A dream for another tank just need that certain personality so rare to find.

3627FF53-9CF7-4EAE-BFC1-96EE2C024233.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellllllo boys and girls of a salty persuasion. Been a while since I tossed anything up with rl and described needing to be made tank wise.
I jacked my back up middle of June at work been struggling with normal maintenance on the tank. Worst is tangs had infection good is wasn’t ich/velvet and wasn’t prepared physically to catch remove hospital set up.
Surprisingly haven’t been skimming ( bending down to pull it etc now) dropped some macro in fuge and gha isn’t going nuts on me Zoas and other corals happy and fish are getting fat.
Little F is 3x the size and really enjoys his algae from the fuge every cpl days.
Not sure how long this tank will continue. Not working coming up on 6 months and the uncertainty of still having a job to go back to is tuff on the mind.
If they get me fixed and font lose the job have some ideas on a reboot in a big way if things go south may need to take a break but for now just gonna coast and see what happens.
Will try and get some pics of the pigs...I mean little F and the melanurus as well as the rest of the tank at some point.
Stay salty

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hideyho salt friends If ya noticed I've been missing sry if I left ya hanging. Still pain issues withstand possibly do joint. I miss a healthy pain free back and so does the reef. Reef Zoas leathers and torch doin alright taking the swings ok. Algae....... Yeah I got that still lol. Green hair manageable and some Cyano pops up time to time again not horrid. The Melanurus has not been helpful........ He has gone psycho and decimated the clean up crew. You could hear shells hitting the glass as he ripped empty outta their shells. Other than that he's beautiful huge and a model citizen.
playing with some home automation lights etc and have automated the rock pump to build water station around. Need to automate the water making and mixing part to take physical issues more out of the mix.
Stay salty keep swimming

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back