OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Si I shall be doing the traditional snort just a shot or wee dram in the parlance of my dad :) I am forever cured of thinking that alcohol can or should go in any other way ty:p
Thank Don another day older another breath closer to death ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following photo bomb is from the wife I am in no way responsible for the following disruption of alerts you recieved and am just doing what I was told.
Today is our 31st anniversary I know to do as told!
94C47000-6C44-4F17-9285-B9606B74ABB9.jpeg
D2AA1772-CFF3-4441-85B5-8E482A0448D8.jpeg
0CA9A46F-C409-4D54-80E5-5E14BBAC2AEF.jpeg
E0495F46-AD1B-4097-A8D4-BB35252E8043.jpeg
4F12D84E-A6B2-42F3-9877-DE7313EA7C30.jpeg

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raege thanks for visiting my thread. Took me a while to get through yours :). What a journey! I agree with everyone else here, your tank is anything but "meh", looks amazing to me. Love that nem and the fish choices you have made. Also, if I understood correctly the "monstah" has been through 3 of you guys' tanks? That's one R2R legendary piece right there! You should ask for a "monstah certified owner" badge for that.
(And congrats on the anniversary!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raege thanks for visiting my thread. Took me a while to get through yours :). What a journey! I agree with everyone else here, your tank is anything but "meh", looks amazing to me. Love that nem and the fish choices you have made. Also, if I understood correctly the "monstah" has been through 3 of you guy's tanks? That's one R2R legendary piece right there! You should ask for a "monstah certified owner" badge for that.
Thanks for the kind words and you should get a badge for wading thru all these pages lol. Sorry I lost track of yours for so long found it and saw I had liked first couple posts then faded away... us 75 gallon folks gotta stick together a nice size tank tho I still dream of bigger one day.

As for the Monstah mine is it’s third tank in our group of “Misfits” @Scurvy started it and it out grew his 29 then @RichtheReefer21 gave it a home but alas he is moving half way cross country so it us making a stop with me. It may need to find its way to @Katrina71 Miracle tank down the road

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Raege thanks for visiting my thread. Took me a while to get through yours :). What a journey! I agree with everyone else here, your tank is anything but "meh", looks amazing to me. Love that nem and the fish choices you have made. Also, if I understood correctly the "monstah" has been through 3 of you guy's tanks? That's one R2R legendary piece right there! You should ask for a "monstah certified owner" badge for that.
Like the Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants. ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestinreefing well friends the PBT went mia. Usual search weir sump floor check screen tops took rocks out etc checked orp readings nada.
Only thing lta had moved and was mostly closed when I fully ticked it off to move rock for body check,it tightened up and little white flakes came out that the crabs and shrimp enjoyed very much.
Good news tho a sudden death “to me” cpl possibilities

I have not been religious feeding lta since clown removal could /should in hindsight make it much more aggressive

Tho I saw no indications of intestinal parasites I did not observe normal poops from said fush only hearty eating and normal to me swimming

Last positive for me close inspection with magnifying glass and macro lenses show no parasitic markings on any other stock.will target feed dome meds for this to be sure with others.
C035EA5F-B4F6-45D1-9EB5-4E655C8244BF.jpeg
F001DBE2-E248-4C12-A9FE-5A697719FDA3.jpeg
2E804872-FCAF-40EB-BDA7-2E3DABE5ABD7.jpeg
A1B979E1-A791-4A5B-A976-C57E7B52C685.jpeg
DE3658AA-AD3C-4967-B139-A8597D4E54E4.jpeg
Fish was either unknown in a weakened state or just unlucky enough to be caught by the lta and finished. I have seen it take smaller a few times befor Cardinal and a damsel both healthy and an injured Cardinal so possible for it at over 18 inch dia. to take any fish. Did some reading and found they can not only harpoon a fish with tentacles but digest and breakdown in 15 minutes then get rid of bones and shells. Amazing creatures enough blah blah
Melanurus up at lights on yay! But I am questioning how smart or maybe he loves the cuc. He grabbed big chunk LFS brought to sand bed (?where he sleeps) then forgot all about it cuc went nuts and a cpl other guys figured it out

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks big ones, hard to think it took a healthy fish. :(
Yeah I’m leaning to it be weakened and I just couldn’t tell. Note to self get a checklist for every fish poop ok eating etc that the wife and I can share make sure if it does show a sign can add a treatment ahead of time. This guy was good thru cpl weeks qt eating shrug I’ll get better hope a checklist will be good start

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m leaning to it be weakened and I just couldn’t tell. Note to self get a checklist for every fish poop ok eating etc that the wife and I can share make sure if it does show a sign can add a treatment ahead of time. This guy was good thru cpl weeks qt eating shrug I’ll get better hole a checklist will be good start

What you said, sometimes I just shrug at things in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back