Some misc Battlecorals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I was messing around with my phone and porthole and got a few decent pics of some of Adams pieces

17f2517cc29adba11b31fa9356973aa1.jpg

IC Cyclops

68870eec1cc9eef6caaf515926d3093e.jpg

Battlestag and Kwill insane pink polyp

5c1b6a7c741dfab6c72c30455aa0a393.jpg

Pac-Man and Miss Scarlett

a25ee700682a737661899573bb406826.jpg

BC yellow planet. This is getting hammered at about 800 par. At lower par the skin is a lot more yellow lol

9dddf43566649eb6ba437406d0425e88.jpg

Saving the best for last is a mystery piece that we have not been able to figure out what it is. It’s amazing

e9c8083452f3c2cce0cf2bce3aaba733.jpg

Finally a gratuitous shot of Oregon tort, Fox flame, orange passion and you can see a little shaded section of the yellow planet that is actually YELLOW.

Thanks to Adam for amazing corals that grow and you guys for looking.

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
swk

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm...full take shot! You've got some really nice pieces there. Did they all start from frags? How long has you had them?

Yes all started as 1” frags for the most part. Some pieces are maybe 6 months old and others are up to a year or so at the most. Then there’s this guy...this RC Poison Envy has been a dormant brown turd for almost 2 years but is finally starting to come around. This one is STILL about 1”

19bfc673092e71ab60141130f61b4cf9.jpg

04c6df91f44600573f5e7479b87b13b3.jpg

Here’s a recent full tank shot. All the large colonies from the middle to the right are going away, minus my thermans rainbow, and will be replanted with new frags.

Long story short - I’ve had a brand new Red Sea 625XXL for a YEAR and haven’t had the time to swap it over. I got really frustrated that I almost sold everything and left the hobby but decided to keep the 75 set up and redecorate. I like growing small frags into monster colonies - so I am going to do THAT again on this tank

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots and love the mystery coral. I am getting my first battlebox next week and one is the miss scarlett. What happened that you almost got out? Your tank is gorgeous.

OP
OP
swk

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots and love the mystery coral. I am getting my first battlebox next week and one is the miss scarlett. What happened that you almost got out? Your tank is gorgeous.
Thanks for the kind words. Miss Scarlett is a serious sleeper IMO. I mean, look at that colony?! A fast grower too.

What happened was that I had my dream tank sitting there waiting for me for a year, and I couldn't find time to switch it over. I own my own business with 5 employees, have 2 kids under 6, and train 4 days a week for powerlifting. I have so little free time its unreal. This tank gets zero maintenance aside from top off container refills, skimmer cleaning, and calrx upkeep. In the event that this tank took a turn for the worse, it'd be a total disaster because I don't have the time to babysit a tank. So, I had considered taking a break until my kids are older.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd love to know what the actual original lineage was on the frag called "Yellow Planet" because it looks exactly like an ORA Red Planet.

Always something friendly to add. I'd love to tell you.

Here's the "planet yellow", a coral I've never actually sold outright, for what its worth and is not on the site. Started as a wild Aussie I got around 2012-13 maybe. Same old story, colony crashed and a frag or two survived. Here's the only pic I've ever take of it, a few years ago now. I can say that I have yet to see any yellow, ever in a typical 'red planet".

Planet yellow.jpg

OP
OP
swk

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Always something friendly to add. I'd love to tell you.

Here's the "planet yellow", a coral I've never actually sold outright, for what its worth and is not on the site. Started as a wild Aussie I got around 2012-13 maybe. Same old story, colony crashed and a frag or two survived. Here's the only pic I've ever take of it, a few years ago now. I can say that I have yet to see any yellow, ever in a typical 'red planet".

Planet yellow.jpg

Such a beauty. One of these days I need to cut a backup and place it somewhere where it’s not getting absolutely hammered with light. I mean it’s at 800 par last i checked over there haha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back