Some people.......

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people really get on my nerves........

This guy was asking me about hybrid scopas tang on my website and wanted to know how much it would be shipped to him. I told him $180 shipped and then I got all kinds of drama afterwards.

Then I get this:

Joe Caruso wrote:
so i would be like 180 dollars four every thing thanks i like the fish but thats 2 much for that fish.

Morgan Mok
to joe

It is the same price on Liveaquaria. It is a very rare fish, not just some common tang.

joe caruso

i have 2 black tangs i no its a rare fish but not for 180.thanks

joe caruso
to me

could i get that fish for $130 and free shipping just asken thanks joe

Morgan Mok
to joe

Definately not.

joe caruso
to me
wow that was really rude. thanks 4 not worken with me cant wait 2 tell everyone on the web and on the reef site. thanks 4 nothing and loss of business.

Morgan Mok
to joe

I wasn't being rude I'm just being truthful. You're being rude to me by lowballing me and expecting me to say yes. You go ahead and tell everyone and I'll be sure to show them these emails.

joe caruso
to me

ok i went too four of my local fish stores and they all told me that wasnt even a real yellow hybrid tang. they told me they could get that fish four $29.99. u didnt even pay $130 four that fish rude is trying to make a butt load of cash of a fish that is not even worth what u are asking. so yes i been blasting u all over the net and hard worken people who understand what u are doing is wrong.

Seems like the guy went to alot of trouble for a tang that was "too expensive" .

Last edited:

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
um aaaa excuse me! but I was wondering if I can buy that gallon of milk for 50 cents? Yes I realize that it is 2% milk but I feel that it is not as thick as regular milk. I think that it is unfair that I cant pay 50 cents.
Joe, get a life and go spend some time with your 2 black tangs. They really need you right now

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most local fish stores don't know what a hybrid scopas tang looks like.

Sorry you have to deal with that. It is very frustrating to see hobbyist always trying to low ball stores. You can't go into 90% of the stores in the states and ask the cashier to lower the price. I think it's ridiculous that people assume you can lower the price to just make a sale.
not sure why he felt the need to tell you he has 2 black tangs. Like having a rare fish qualifies you to get a deal?

sorry man!

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have wrote back ... Sorry Joe, if you already have 2 black tangs then I can't sell you this fish for any amount of money because they will fight and the scopas will probably die. Sorry.

Sounds like he's lying. Also sounds like he's a kid because he had a million spelling errors. for - f.o.u.r. ... really??

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This "Joe" guy is full of it ... not realising that a Black Tang costs way more and also if he can afford TWO Black Tangs then what's the big deal with US$180 bux??
If "Joe" can't afford it then Shut Up and Go Away Qiuetly ... ya Loser!! Some people are just plain Stupid and Ignorant!! :mad:

Paul

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol does that guy know anything about grammer and spelling?

anyways, what is the difference b/w a hybrid scopas and a regular scopas?

i have one that is almost completely black....got him for $25....

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They hybrids that i've seen are yellow and pretty rare.

There are a few hybrids in the Tang family but the black tang continues to be the king of all tangs. Which is why I don't get how that guy could complain about price. Black Tangs go for $350-$600 depending on who's selling them .... if you can even find one, let alone two.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just how this business goes I guess. We all know how much I sell my frags for and STILL people will give me crap if I don’t give a discount lol. Until we give this stuff away for free there will always be someone complaining about price. No matter what you do no matter what your price no matter how your act you will never make everyone happy. Just do your best and be as professional as possible and that’s all any one can ask.

I will give you a quick pointer though. Never send out one or two word replies for business related correspondences. I don’t see it as rude in this case but many times can be seen as blunt or rude and may be why he took it that way. Something along the lines of

“Thank you for the offer however my price remains the same. If you change your mind or if there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know. I look forward to doing business with you. “

Something like this can really defuse a situation; help to secure future business and only takes second to do. Even if you still get a smart butt answer back just leave it alone and let it go. Replying to someone like this will only add fuel which is exactly what they want. Good luck to you and don’t let people like this get under your skin. I’m sure he’s not the first and you can bet he won't be the last.

Last edited:

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just how this business goes I guess. We all know how much I sell my frags for and STILL people will give me crap if I don’t give a discount lol. Until we give this stuff away for free there will always be someone complaining about price. No matter what you do no matter what your price no matter how your act you will never make everyone happy. Just do your best and be as professional as possible and that’s all any one can ask.

I will give you a quick pointer though. Never send out one of two work replies for business related correspondences. I don’t see it as rude in this case but that maybe why he took it that way. Something along the lines of

“Thank you for the offer however my price remains the same. If you change your mind or if there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know. I look forward to doing business with you. “

Something like this can really defuse a situation; help to secure future business and only takes second to do. Even if you still get a smart butt answer back just leave it alone and let it go. Replying to someone like this will only add fuel which is exactly what they want. Good luck to you and don’t let people like this get under your skin. I’m sure he’s not the first and you can bet he won't be the last.

completely agree, ALWAYS try to act professional!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I will give you a quick pointer though. Never send out one or two word replies for business related correspondences. I don’t see it as rude in this case but many times can be seen as blunt or rude and may be why he took it that way. Something along the lines of

Ain't that the truth!

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to be saintly, most of the time. ;]

The other smaller scopas hybrid I have is completely yellow with a scopas body and eyes.

P1110120.jpg

Now you see the scopas eye.
P1110125.jpg

The other one is a more noticeable hybrid:

P1110128.jpg

Last edited:

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely Agree. ReefGoddess you have nothing to worry about. Your reputation for having awesome livestock and good deals speaks for itself. Some people are always going to complain, and try to lowball no matter the situation.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That last one is nice:). Joe Blow was just goading you into something. Some people can only find happiness that way;).

You almost tricked me with the saintly comment:rolleyes:.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back