Someone is using your pics on ebay..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common practice for those not haveing good photos or camera skills. I dont think it's right at all. I started watermarking all my stuff.

Last edited:

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not saying it is right, but what if this was a customer of Will's, and is reselling frags, and those are actually the pic's of when he bought his frags?

again, not saying it is correct, but i am pretty sure he bought frags from Will. (belongs to another forum i frequent)

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, if your selling something, show me how YOUR'S look.

I don't appreciate pics of someone elses corals besides the seller in their tanks. To me, that's false advertising. I have run across clowns that advertise with 9 month old pics of their coral. What the heck is that??

Just be honest.

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if he did buy the frag of will, i doubt it looks just like the stock photo on aquasd! Plus it's for 1 polyp.. I don't have a great camera or camera skills but i would still post my own pics.. I just thought i would inform them b/c of what happened to Mike with people using his pics

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant tell you how many times I have searched reef forums for various items only to find a picture that I took way back when or maybe even a more recent auction photo. I look at it and say WHAAAT? Blows me away. One day I was on RC and looked at this guys thread about acans he was touting as his own and it was actually a live current auction I was running on ebay. I questioned the guy and he came back and told me that if he could get enough interest in the item on RC that he would bid on it and then resell it to the person on RC. Can you just believe that?

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller did get his PHs from me. I let him know that this time was okay, but please do not do it again. Maybe watermarking is a good idea :)

Thanks for the heads up!

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very least a watermark will still identify you as the source and not the person using your pics.
The seller did get his PHs from me. I let him know that this time was okay, but please do not do it again. Maybe watermarking is a good idea :)

Thanks for the heads up!

labman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are going to watermark use the center of the photo just lighting it so they can't just crop the water mark out at least as easily.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are going to watermark use the center of the photo just lighting it so they can't just crop the water mark out at least as easily.

+2

and i can understand why someone would do it, but i would feel guilty as s*** having bought something for such a relatively good price, and then reselling them for a profit, when the original seller could have sold them for that price to begin with, instead of cutting someone a deal

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I agree Salty, AquaSd offers them at such an awsome price, I wouldn't feel right doing that but everyone is different

Back