Something is eating up my acro

Africangrey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
52
Reaction score
13
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thing start stripping flesh on an acro that I acquired a week ago, doesn't seems like eggs from AEFW or red bugs. The process is kind of slow but I see this pest advance day by day in the past 7 days. Not sure if this will infest my whole tank.

I took the mass using a pair of tweezers and the texture is some sort of hard shell not soft to touch.







 
seems like some kind of snails but non of them were moving under the microscope.
 
It looks like sand to me. Probably held together by tube worm mucus.

It is possible you have an aco-eating tube-worm. But that seems unlikely. I would look elsewhere for an explanation why the coral is doing poorly.
 
Never seen that before. Tell us about your parameters. Any swings in alkalinity? Other corals, other than sps, look happy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new