Space invader pectins losing color

Moneymitch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the past 3 days the underside of my pectina has been loosing color. It has been in my tank for about 2 months now. I just moved it to the bottom of the tank to give it a little less light. The system was at 0 nitrate and I did a broadcast feed of reef roids which spiked it. It is still puffy with its tentacles out almost 24/7

My parameters are good all except mag as I do not have a test kit but is on its way.
Ph-8.3
Nitrate-20
Nitrite/ammonia- 0
Calcium-480

Currently running a 125 gallon mixed reef tank with wills lighting. Do add formula 28 cubes for trace elements with 30 gallon water changes about every 10 days. System has a light bio load

IMG_6164.jpeg
 
what kind of light do you have? IME, losing color but still extending and showing polyps is usually due to weak light or insuficient color spectrum.
 
I am using Wills. I know they aren’t top of the line all of my other corals are doing fine but all are growing at a very slow rate
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new