RdawgsReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new to this so this is very far off for me but to me this is the epitome of coral husbandry so everything leads to it. Its the reason I got into the hobby. From what I know, getting coral to spawn/reproduce instead of fragging is few and far between. Ive only personally read about it happening three times. It will allow us to (as a species (humans)) to stop pulling them out of the ocean other than to add diversity to the "man made" collection and for scientific studies. Also if the worse comes to pass and a massive collapse occurs (yea I know certain points of view think thats already happening , I agree for the most part but I mean total doomsday) we can keep them alive even if its just in a lab or our tanks. So, for my own personal information I want to store and keep track of a thread personally....Data dump everything you know about getting ALL coral to spawn and reproduce (no fragging) here please. Every and all details please for me and anyone else wanting to know. Feeding, lighting (daily, lunar and yearly cycles) grouping (how do you know if two corals arent just clones, can you tell? ) water parameters, articles from labs that have done it, same with hobbiests, companies. The whole shebang. Unload all you know please. Thank you so much in advance.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back