Spectrum light !!?

Roberto CRC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
684
Reaction score
128
Location
San José, CR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I wanted to consult and open a topic regarding the spectrum of light used their fixtures.

I read somewhere that the temperature in Kelvin requiring corals for proper growth is 14000K, however I think is a very warm temperature and I prefer the cooler tones, currently my configuration the use 18500k, and color that observed in corals I like and there is growth, but not if it is enough, mainly notice the growth in the SPS.

Kelvin used many of you, what fixtures used, such growth of corals?

Thanks for the feedback.
 
I run 12,000k for 8 hours then 20,000k for 4 hope this helps , without going into all the details
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new