Jul 19, 2015 #1 LetItReef 2500 Club Member View Badges Joined May 29, 2014 Messages 2,921 Reaction score 1,434 Location San Diego, CA What state or country do you live in California Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Hello- found this white/spongy looking growing on branching GSP, good or bad? How to remove it? Thanks.
Hello- found this white/spongy looking growing on branching GSP, good or bad? How to remove it? Thanks.
Jul 19, 2015 #2 Tahoe61 10K Club member View Badges Ultimate Member Reef Squad Excellence Award R2R App User Moderator Emeritus My Aquarium Showcase Joined Mar 2, 2012 Messages 18,411 Reaction score 22,275 Location AZ Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I would leave the sponge be, I doubts it's an invasive type. If you must remove sponge you can use a very soft bristle tooth brush.
I would leave the sponge be, I doubts it's an invasive type. If you must remove sponge you can use a very soft bristle tooth brush.
Jul 20, 2015 #3 OP OP LetItReef 2500 Club Member View Badges Joined May 29, 2014 Messages 2,921 Reaction score 1,434 Location San Diego, CA What state or country do you live in California Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I might have to remove it since it covered some of the gsp branches. Thanks!
Jul 20, 2015 #4 Joeganja 2500 Club Member View Badges My Tank Thread Joined May 10, 2014 Messages 2,891 Reaction score 974 Location Modesto, California What state or country do you live in California Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Sponge shows signs of a healthy tank. If I were you I'd take it off if it's covering something and without exposing it to air throw it behind a rock or something they love the dark
Sponge shows signs of a healthy tank. If I were you I'd take it off if it's covering something and without exposing it to air throw it behind a rock or something they love the dark
Jul 20, 2015 #5 Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover View Badges Excellence Award Reef Squad Emeritus Joined Jan 28, 2015 Messages 8,484 Reaction score 7,642 Location Charlotte, NC What state or country do you live in North Carolina Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Good water filters..
Jul 20, 2015 #6 cginter Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Jul 22, 2013 Messages 802 Reaction score 173 Location iowa Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Defiantly a good guy. Keep it if u can.
Jul 20, 2015 #7 Randy Holmes-Farley Verified Community Expert Reef Chemist View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Ultimate Member Partner Member 2027 Excellence Award R2R App User Expert Contributor Article Contributor R2R Research My Tank Thread Joined Sep 5, 2014 Messages 91,475 Reaction score 96,475 Location Massachusetts, United States Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I like sponges and have lots of different kinds. I also dose silicate to encourage them, as they are one of the few consumers of it (along with diatoms). :)
I like sponges and have lots of different kinds. I also dose silicate to encourage them, as they are one of the few consumers of it (along with diatoms). :)