805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing build! while I know I cant do the amazing job that you have done, you have inspired me to start working on cleaning up my wiring/sump area. No more rats nest. Thanks for that and keep up the fantastic work!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build has no words to describe. Amazing is a minimal start. Im def. Gonna follow. Maybe even try to get access to my jobs cnc for a few things on my own reef. When do u get the tank?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super clean and well thought out. Great work!

Thank you mr.wilson but you are the architect of one of the nicest reef tanks in history imho.

amazing build! while I know I cant do the amazing job that you have done, you have inspired me to start working on cleaning up my wiring/sump area. No more rats nest. Thanks for that and keep up the fantastic work!

My first 3 tanks were nothing but rats nests :). Once you get it clean though man it makes a big difference.

This build has no words to describe. Amazing is a minimal start. Im def. Gonna follow. Maybe even try to get access to my jobs cnc for a few things on my own reef. When do u get the tank?

I was going to get it tomorrow :) but I am behind lol.. My stand will be at my house tomorrow though so that is a start. I have quite a few things still to do but I do not need it in my shop to finish it.

I am excited to get the tank on the stand and start the finishing. I hope next Friday the 19th but we will see. ( I hate waiting for things).

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What leds are you using to light the whole "under" area?

A mix of Hanley and some US LED with a mix of some low profile stuff I was testing out... All in All 3-4 different types.. I am also using 100w duel drivers so 4x 50W 12v 1.0a drivers.
The overall cost of doing the led work as show is cost prohibitive to be honest.

Waiting on pics @Elder1945 [emoji354][emoji354][emoji354]

Pic's are going to be posted soon :p we decided at the last minute to re do are outdoor patio to a "living space" this is now done! and back to the tank :)

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your build!
How about those 3 led clusters that you added under the front lip of the stand? How are they working and what model are they?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

We are starting to look good :) I will be bringing the stand home this Thursday and the tank will be at my house Friday (Thank you Miracles Aquarium).

I still have a lot of work ahead of me to get this done. I have yet to start the right side of the tank but can do this without the need of the stand in my shop. I am excited to get this tank up and running as I miss having a reef tank.

So I decided to add some under lighting :)

I also started to see how the plumbing in this build would work.

Next up was extending the leads for my Tunze 3155 ATO.

Some red accent strips.

Now came the hose and wire management.

Fancy :p

Also had time to put the backer on the dosing container holding nook ;)

Here are some shots of the stand as of today, I hope you enjoy!

Is that your work or your house? Either way I am jealous of the tools/work area.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back