SPS Acropora dip with acro crab

Parsells Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2013
Messages
374
Reaction score
115
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first SPS after my huge lost in Oct. My question is can I dip the acro if he has his own across crab ? I'm using Melafix
 
Just grab a toothpick and slowly push the crab put and place in cup. Then dip coral. Easy enough. Before I dip my acros I always take out the acro crabs.
 
I couldn't get the lil guy out but he's OK, its melafix and its organic so inverts don't get hurt. He's doin good today and very happy. I have another questions for you guys ...

A small piece is bleached I was always told to cut a 1/4 below the bleached area to stop the loss however I forget if I should dip again or just let him Handel the cut on his own. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new