SPS and AI Prime 16HD

chrisdafish70

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2021
Messages
162
Reaction score
77
Location
Allentown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

So I have a SGA 50gal with one AI Prime 16HD. I recently got 2 acros and some other SPS. They were fine at first now they are losing their color/turning white tips. My parameters are all good but my friend told me my light may not be intense enough for these corals. I have attached my schedule down below, but is there anyway to check the intensity in the app? Should I get another light or upgrade? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screenshot_20220530-144230.png
 
You need that cranked to 100% if you even want a chance. More than likely you will need another to grow any SPS let alone acros.

Your local reef club might have a PAR rental program like mine does in Colorado. You need minimum 200 par for any SPS with 300-400 being much better.
 
Hi everyone,

So I have a SGA 50gal with one AI Prime 16HD. I recently got 2 acros and some other SPS. They were fine at first now they are losing their color/turning white tips. My parameters are all good but my friend told me my light may not be intense enough for these corals. I have attached my schedule down below, but is there anyway to check the intensity in the app? Should I get another light or upgrade? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screenshot_20220530-144230.png
I’ve got 2 of these on a 2ft cube, set like this, seems ok;
I’ve also got aqua ray led strips front and back.
 

Attachments

  • EC70E695-04A1-4E7E-B246-6B8D175CD80E.png
    EC70E695-04A1-4E7E-B246-6B8D175CD80E.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 588
You will need 2 at least.
Your lighting setting is super weak.

My 20g 18" nano cube is 95% acros and running 2 16hds.
My schedule;
1hr ramp up/down
10hrs at peak
UV-V 140%
RB- B 125%
R-B 6%
W- 31%
This will grow sps on the bottom.
20220523_181359.jpg
 
You will need 2 at least.
Your lighting setting is super weak.

My 20g 18" nano cube is 95% acros and running 2 16hds.
My schedule;
1hr ramp up/down
10hrs at peak
UV-V 140%
RB- B 125%
R-B 6%
W- 31%
This will grow sps on the bottom.
20220523_181359.jpg
So if I get another 16HD and have them on the same setting, and acclimate the corals to the new settings that will be ok? Of course I'll turn them up intensity wise.
 
So if I get another 16HD and have them on the same setting, and acclimate the corals to the new settings that will be ok? Of course I'll turn them up intensity wise.
Yes that sounds like a good plan.
 
Do you shut down the white channel at 2:00? Maybe i am seeing that chart wrong...
 
The thing is that the 32 and 64 AI LED lights are really just multiple primes, the 32 is 2 primes and the 64 is 4 primes (probably not exactly but real close). Since smoothness of coverage is an issue with LEDs, having more fixtures spread around your tank will make the lighting more even. Also, LED lights last longer if not cranked to the max, Heat does harm them. So it is better to go with more fixtures and set a bit less high but that does mean more $$$$$.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new