SPS bleached or?

evrydayzawrkday

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
82
Location
Northern North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank specs:
  • Newly moved (~2 weeks) 40 Breeder AIO (from a 25 AIO). Most rock is established, and the tank is very little LPS and mainly soft coral.
  • Dosing currently All for Reef @ 6ml over 24 hours.
  • Filtration is a filter sock and ~100ml of Brightwell Purit + Tunze 9001 Skimmer
  • Light: Radeon X15 G6 Blue running AB+ @ 60%.
  • Feeding shrimp for CUC+Shrimp+2x Clown & Red Sea AB+ (name?) for coral. Spot feeding because why not.
Lab:
  • Ammonia: 0
  • Nitrite: 0
  • PH: 7.8
  • ALK: 10.02
  • Calcium: 452
  • Magnesium: 1403
  • Nitrate: 1.8
  • Phosphate: 0.06
So I am having a weirder issue, where the rest of my tank is thriving (zoa, montis, other SPS) except for this single piece.. which is a Funfetti SPS. I have seen recent growth at the base (encrusting, the green part) but never really seen much coloration other than what you are seeing here, and never seen polyp extension.

I recently threw in a red Digitata coral (no idea what it actually is) and it is doing awesome.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or what. I confirmed the relative peak par is ~300 with pretty decent flow, so unsure what this could be.

Pics:

IMG_2644.JPG
photos 1200391.png
 
That alkalinity is pretty high, especially for phosphate of 0.06. I’d shoot for more in the 7.5-8.5 range and see if growth doesn’t improve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new