SPS Dominate Fusion 20 Gallon

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is my Innovative Marine Fusion 20 Gallon. The tank has been up and running for a bit over 1.5 years now. As you can tell is mostly SPS with a few zoas, softies and LPS scattered around. Thanks for looking.

Lighting: Radion XR30
Doser: Bubble Magus
Reactor: IM Desktop (GFO & Carbon)
Skimmer: NONE!
ATO: Tunze 3152

Last edited:

sureal00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.That looks beautiful.Its like a picture you would see on a box of how a demo tank would look.Very nice

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely impressive. I have been running none skimmer sps systems for quite awhile (new one in the works), beautiful example.

How many fish and what are you feeding those fish and how often?
Any specific coral foods?

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely impressive. I have been running none skimmer sps systems for quite awhile (new one in the works), beautiful example.

How many fish and what are you feeding those fish and how often?
Any specific coral foods?

Thanks a lot! Its been a really fun tank. Took a bit to get things placed but I am happy with the turn out. I've been really pleased running skimmerless. My phosphates and nitrates are present... .05 and 5ppm respectively and I'm confident that leads to the deeper colors I'm getting.

Fish are pretty basic. A Clown, Midas Blenny and a Six Line Wrasse. I switch off between pellets and various frozens.

I've tried different coral foods - notably Roti and Oyster Feast with some occasional KZ Coral Vit drops. I can't say that I've seen any gains from them. They are fantastic foods for the right tank, but I think running skimmerless leaves a bit more organics/food in the water column negating the need for me to add regularly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well someone needs to ask
WC schedule if any?
PO4
NO3
ALK
CAL

What do you feed tank? @Tahoe61 beat me to that 1 should probably read the rest again

PS sweet freaking tank

Ha, thanks.

I'm religious about water changes doing 10-15% every week. I built a semi automatic water changing system plumbed through the wall behind. This make wc's really easy. Flip a value and water is siphoned out and into a drain, flip another value and delicious fresh salt water flows back in. Without that, I would dread it.

I use Red Sea Foundations A,B & C for parameter control.

PO4: 0.05
NO3: 5ppm (Havent tested in a couple months)
ALK: 7-7.5dkh
Ca: 425
MG: 1300

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I use the Red Sea foundation also. I agree running a bit higher on PO4 and NO3 does help the corals color. What gen XR30.
Do you know your PAR or lux? I know most do not and I finally did a quick 2 minute check and par in tank tops is 280 and 100 bottom.

Really beautiful you should be dang proud of that tank.

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I use the Red Sea foundation also. I agree running a bit higher on PO4 and NO3 does help the corals color. What gen XR30.
Do you know your PAR or lux? I know most do not and I finally did a quick 2 minute check and par in tank tops is 280 and 100 bottom.

Really beautiful you should be dang proud of that tank.

How do you like the Red Sea additives? Do you use the pre mixed or diy mixed ones?

I'm using a gen 2 XR30. No clue what the par is but will hopefully find out soon. I peak around 60% intensity with no signs of bleaching or stress. I've been tempted to move up a bit but really have no reason to. Colors are good and growth is really quick- nearing too quick. I'm trimming SPS weekly and the challenge going forward will be bonsai style control of the sticks

ZachP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing! I just recently started a nuvo 20 and am wanting to go sps dominant. Placement of corals so they don't crowd each other too fast is always a concern of mine.

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing! I just recently started a nuvo 20 and am wanting to go sps dominant. Placement of corals so they don't crowd each other too fast is always a concern of mine.

Legit concern! That's my battle now. Lots of trimming and scraping. I love the look of a full scape but it's definitely work

ZachP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just out of curiosity, are you still using the same lid the tank came with? I've noticed mine blocks a lot of light and my tank looks more clear without it. But at the same time I can probably turn my lights up plenty to compensate any lost light.

Nem4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Red Sea additives? Do you use the pre mixed or diy mixed ones?

I'm using a gen 2 XR30. No clue what the par is but will hopefully find out soon. I peak around 60% intensity with no signs of bleaching or stress. I've been tempted to move up a bit but really have no reason to. Colors are good and growth is really quick- nearing too quick. I'm trimming SPS weekly and the challenge going forward will be bonsai style control of the sticks
Growing to quick!?! Wish i had that problem! Your reef looks great. Love the color. And its bright! I have a G3 running the coral labs sps phx14. 50% I like the settings, it just seems kinda dull. What are your settings?

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just out of curiosity, are you still using the same lid the tank came with? I've noticed mine blocks a lot of light and my tank looks more clear without it. But at the same time I can probably turn my lights up plenty to compensate any lost light.

I'm not. I use the DIY lid kit from BRS. It takes a bit of skill to get it put together right but overall it's a good lid. I think the mesh has 1/8in square openings.

This is the underside

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing to quick!?! Wish i had that problem! Your reef looks great. Love the color. And its bright! I have a G3 running the coral labs sps phx14. 50% I like the settings, it just seems kinda dull. What are your settings?

It's tough to get lights dialed in. I'm always wondering if I should bump mine up too. I'm hoping to borrow a par meter from a friend soon.

My schedule

OP
OP
Uwdanno

Uwdanno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I love how there are different "islands" and your eye is really drawn all around the tank!

Thanks!! Thats was my goal. I wanted a clean look but something that packed enough punch to be interesting. The two islands gave me a good shot at that.

My daughter, nieces and nephews love looking at the tank. They like to explore around it and find "things". Having an element of depth gives them some more to find

Back