Status
Not open for further replies.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, since the economy is rough, people are losing their jobs, and some of the newer members to the hobby can have a hard time finding collectible frags, I've decided to offer this free frag pack. Please don't post if you're not comfortable keeping SPS. If you have 250 or less posts and would like to receive the 4 frags shown below, feel free to post to put your name in the hat. The two other conditions I have 1)the winner will have to pay shipping and 2)the winner agrees, within 3 months, to offer a nice frag pack to R2R members to keep this going (doesn't necessarily have to be SPS). I've been sending things USPS Express lately with good results, but it must be "Held for Delivery" at your local post office. The cost will depend on where you live but averages around $35. Of course, local pickup is welcome if you're close to Knoxville, TN. Since I don't run a business and am just a hobbyist, I cannot guarantee live arrival but will package the frags well, including heat pack(s) and styrofoam-lined box. I sent one pack out to SoCal before Christmas and another after with no problems. I'm sure the rev will post after me since he know me personally and we've been working on setting this up for awhile. I'm not out to take your money, just looking to share with the community and circulate some nice frags to one lucky winner.

Other reefers with established colonies, I encourage you to consider doing the same. Let's help out our fellow reefers!!!!

First, a not often seen Aquascene blue tort. This tort is unlike the ORA/Cali tort in color but similar in growth form. Under 20k Radiums it is a royal blue, very similar in color to the Oregon tort. Here's the best I could do for a picture
DSC_0842.jpg

Second is the snipersps Acropora loisetteae. This piece is not in very wide distribution because Hugo did not distribute many frags before his tank crash of about a year ago. You can find a good write-up on these corals here: http://www.salt-city.org/showthread.php?t=7359. Very similar to the ultimate stag exhibiting a turquoise body with green corallites under optimum conditions, pink prostrata in the background
DSC_0841.jpg

Third is the pink prostrata with blue tips. This originated from Matt Anderson in Virginia and under intense lighting is, IMO, one of the more incredible corals out there. It looks identical to the Paletta Prostrata offered by fragfarmer. bkv1997 has one of the better pics I've seen of this coral, so kudos to him for the photo:
DSC_0157.jpg

Finally, I'll offer a frag of the "needs no explanation" pink lemonade. My frag originated from Hugo (snipersps) so it is the real deal. I've attached a picture for people who've been hiding in a closet and also to give some idea of what a colony looks like (you usually just see frag pictures, this is only part of the colony)
DSC_0844.jpg

I tried to cover the color spectrum and offer corals that are collectible, moderately easy to maintain, desirable, and not necessarily easy to obtain. Frags will be 1"+. If the winner lives in an area where temperatures are extremely low, I will ask to hold off on shipping until overnight temperatures are above freezing. Good luck to everyone, we'll draw the winner on February 16th and entries must be posted by midnight EST on the 15th of February.:bigsmile:

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is an awesome gesture from CEE (Dave). I know Dave personally and he has one of the best tanks I can speak of and his corals are awesome as you can see. Dave is very honest and approached me about this idea in which I think is a great idea. We just need to follow the rules and keep it going!

Thanks again Dave!

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish i had less posts lol
thats a friggin sexy pack and its FREE!

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great idea in these tough times. I'll jump on board for sure. Great pieces btw.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to offer this free frag pack. Please don't post if you're not comfortable keeping SPS. If you have 150 or less posts and would like to receive the 4 frags shown below, feel free to post to put your name in the hat.

Last edited:

Mya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in. Thank you for offering up such a great prize to new ppl. Thank you.

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be proud to put together a nice pack in 3 months...Please put my name in the hat....

When are you drawing?

Thanks

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I sign my wife up and put her in the drawing? lol just joking. Dave always has some really nice stuff. I have some got some really nice corals that came from Dave, whoever ends up with this frag pack will definately have some great corals. Good luck to all.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WooHoo, I'm under the 150 limit, by 13!!!! Make that 12 now!!! What a wonderful gesture!!! Thank you!!!

Sea Wizard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in! Don't have much to offer now, but got some comming from LFS that's really nice.

poolshark181

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id like to be in as well, ill probably offer a zoa pack later as my sps is pretty nonexistant right now =]

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
give away

Im under the post limit hehehe...Johnnie P.S. Please add my name to the hat, Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back