Stand options for 72*36

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Asked this over in the askBRS group as well but need all the advice I can get

Super early planning stages of a 72*36 peninsula tank. I have the tank pretty much figured out but am to the stand now...all equipment and electronics will be in the stand.

I see three options but each has its pros and cons.

1) Steel stand skinned with wood.

I can get steel easy enough from my buddy who owns a steel shop. Cost should be middle of the pack. Rust is a concern for sure so I'd need to prep and finish it properly. It would also have to be built in multiple sections and bolted together on site.

2) Aluminum skinned with wood.

Not cheap. Super modular. Easy to build on site. Great sites out there that will help figure out everything needed.

3) Wood stand built on site. Probably the cheapest option and maybe the easiest overall. I'd use a high end Marine plywood (or whatever it's called. I'm not well versed in all the woods out there.) Pics show what I'm talking about. I'd need to figure out plans for this so any resources would be great! Like how long of a span is safe?

Thanks all!

(I stole the pic from another thread)

Bird-World-display-010.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P5010003.JPG
10 1/2 feet long, 180g and 75g tanks on top, 180g sump/fuge below. Even a little counter space at the left end.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back