Starfire glass

RonnieBlack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2011
Messages
286
Reaction score
106
Location
Anderson, SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be retail for a 75 gallon, drilled overflow starfire tank? ballpark Barebones...Just the tank nothing else
 
Go to www.glasscages.com and spec it out... there are tons of options. I ordered from them and I love my tank:

IMG_0352.jpg
 
If you want bare bones, then glasscages might be for you. If you want something with a good warranty, nicer finishing touches, better overflows then maybe another company is for you. It all depends on your budget and what you want in your tank.
 
Personally I don't opt for starphire unless glass is over 1/2" thick. Sometimes I'll opt for it on 1/2" tanks, but generally not. 75 gals are generally 3/8" thick. Really not much difference in starphire vs. float glass in 3/8" and under thickness, I rather put the money towards livestock or equipment.
 
The glass on my rimless is 1/2" glass. It is really well built. I can't imagine any more features that I would have wanted in my tank. There is an internal overflow, they custom drilled a return for me because I wanted a bean-animal drain which cost like $35 additional or so (WELL WORTH THE MONEY) and even provided the acryllic overflow guard with teeth and the bulkheads. Three sides are starphire glass, and I got a 3/8" starphire glass top, all for less than a grand. I can't imagine how you could consider that bare bones, but again, this was my first tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new