Started my day with compassion

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so a lot of you may have read yesterday’s post and it was more like blowing off steam and the love n support I received from my fellow reefers was the one thing that made me smile while spend 18+hrs on a emergency call
Well today started off great so far,, I went to local gas station to get gas and noticed that the old guy pumping my gas was shivering very hard,, I go pretty chilly n windy today huh buddy,, he says heck yeah it is , my zipper broke on my hoodie jacket plus it’s still damp from the rain yesterday, and even worse is my spare one I left here is missing
Without even thinking twice ,, I took off my insulated hoodie and gave it to him,, almost Immediately he started to tear up n goes I can’t take your hoodie then you’ll be cold all day,, I go no worries brother I just live 2 minutes away I’ll just go get another one,, he actually wept n gave me a hug while thanking me over and over again I just said it cool God Bless you,, then I drove away
My mother made it her mission to make sure I had empathy and compassion and respect,, if you have those 3 traits your life will have meaning
God bless r2r have great day

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...if that is not the truth,what comes around goes around..Paulie you are an animal...with a heart of "GOLD";)See you had it all along..got a feeling karma is looking for you about now!!:)

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So peeps have you seen or done any random acts of kindness that you wanna share,, is love to hear about it
At least twice a week I secretly buy the coffee for the person behind me at register and just walk out the door without saying anything, price of coffee 2 bucks The thought you may of brightened up somebody’s day Priceless
Do a good deed today n see how you feel then tell me about it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so a lot of you may have read yesterday’s post and it was more like blowing off steam and the love n support I received from my fellow reefers was the one thing that made me smile while spend 18+hrs on a emergency call
Well today started off great so far,, I went to local gas station to get gas and noticed that the old guy pumping my gas was shivering very hard,, I go pretty chilly n windy today huh buddy,, he says heck yeah it is , my zipper broke on my hoodie jacket plus it’s still damp from the rain yesterday, and even worse is my spare one I left here is missing
Without even thinking twice ,, I took off my insulated hoodie and gave it to him,, almost Immediately he started to tear up n goes I can’t take your hoodie then you’ll be cold all day,, I go no worries brother I just live 2 minutes away I’ll just go get another one,, he actually wept n gave me a hug while thanking me over and over again I just said it cool God Bless you,, then I drove away
My mother made it her mission to make sure I had empathy and compassion and respect,, if you have those 3 traits your life will have meaning

THIS is awesome my bro and proud to have you here as one of our very own!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great Paulie, to bad so many people just want things for nothing. We need more people like you. :cool:

I also have some experience with Paulie but I didn't need a hoodie. He collected some cool creatures attached to a rock, it also had seaweed on it and he sent it to me without me even asking. It sits in the front of my tank and is still alive and smiling.

He also volunteered to help me install 3 boat batteries in my boat as they are heavy (about 50 lbs) and I am now old and probably can't crawl into the bilge to lift them out. It is a contortionest position.
I installed them but that was 10 years ago when I was a kid. :rolleyes:

Paulie lives about 100 miles from me.

Last edited:

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a wonderful thing you did and you helped someone out who needed it

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome story, it brought tears to my eyes. You are a good person. More people need to stop and realize there are those in need, we only need to open our eyes...God Bless

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your kindness!!! That was a really sweet thing you did for that man, I’m sure the universe will pay it forward to you!

I try to do nice things for people as much as I can, I went over to a new reefer’s house to help them set up an RODI and plumb their sump! Not much, and I got to spend a whole day with another reefer talking about reef stuff so it was a win/win! I also give free corals to new reefers on a budget so they can have something really pretty in their tank without having to worry about money, especially right now during the pandemic. It always feels good to help people out, and I’ve made some good friends along the way!

Always tip your servers, thank public service workers, and call your family/friends every once in a while. Talk to the new guy at work, answer the newbie questions, and tell someone special in your life that you love them. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to make someone a little bit happier!

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome story, it brought tears to my eyes. You are a good person. More people need to stop and realize there are those in need, we only need to open our eyes...God Bless
Just reading that it had an effect on you made my eye tear up. Lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The Bible says to “ treat your neighbors as thy self” and do onto others”
You have expressed that and know God is watching and smiling with approval

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your kindness!!! That was a really sweet thing you did for that man, I’m sure the universe will pay it forward to you!

I try to do nice things for people as much as I can, I went over to a new reefer’s house to help them set up an RODI and plumb their sump! Not much, and I got to spend a whole day with another reefer talking about reef stuff so it was a win/win! I also give free corals to new reefers on a budget so they can have something really pretty in their tank without having to worry about money, especially right now during the pandemic. It always feels good to help people out, and I’ve made some good friends along the way!

Always tip your servers, thank public service workers, and call your family/friends every once in a while. Talk to the new guy at work, answer the newbie questions, and tell someone special in your life that you love them. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to make someone a little bit happier!
Thank you for kind words but I’m just trying to be the best me I can be realizing that it’s not to late to find your inner goodness

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow thank you it’s funny because my wife has always called me a Taco as in I have a hard outer shell but mushy insides. Lol

3ED5DB9A-58FD-493D-9408-A2722ADD6C9A.jpeg 191CA6AF-86BC-4FC5-BEBB-82F404BCD349.jpeg
Is this the pic where you tried to TAKE THE COAT “?
(I just had to) LOL

Back