Starting dose for base elementz ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the recommended amount to start with is 10ml to 100l. In my tank that would be about 70ml. I'm currently dosing C-balance at 200ml a day. So is it still a good idea to start with the recommended starting point in a tank with such a high demand for two part?

Thanks !

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need the reef chemistry calculator updated with Triton Elementz!! Wish I had a better answer but I bet Triton does. Good luck!

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose BRS 2 part now. I think it will be safe if I follow Triton directions because I don't know if the ca, DKH, mag have the same amount per gallon as the BRS two part.

Maybe the BRS is a stronger solution?

Gene

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not safe for me if they are not at least twice the concentration of my current 2 part. If It's the same concentration my alk will drop a point in a day and I'd rather not have it do that. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how concentrated it is once I have it to play with but it would sure be nice if we could get a number to go by something like 1ml will raise 1 US gallon Xdkh

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not safe for me if they are not at least twice the concentration of my current 2 part. If It's the same concentration my alk will drop a point in a day and I'd rather not have it do that. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how concentrated it is once I have it to play with but it would sure be nice if we could get a number to go by something like 1ml will raise 1 US gallon Xdkh

We will have to monitor Ca, DKH, and Magnesium closely until we get dialed in on the dosages. Your tank may use alot more Ca than mine.
So the dosing has to be dialed in to our individual tanks. Does that make sense?

Gene

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes sense but there would be no reason to dial it in if I knew what the concentration of the base elementz was I could just dose the right amount from the start. I know what it takes to keep my system balanced with c-balance and the concentration of it so if I knew the concentration of base elementz some simple math would tell me exactly what I should be dosing

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back