Starting Over

JustaClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,

It’s been entirely too long since I’ve had my reef (150 mixed) so I’m jumping back in and looking forward to reconnecting with everyone here. You guys were always so nice and that means more than you may realize, especially now.

So, unfortunately the 2 back-to-back hurricanes of 2020 not only “melted” my reef tank but it caused me to go through a bit of anxiety which lasted up until about 2 weeks ago. I just woke up one morning and decided it was time so I’m starting from scratch. Decided to rid all the practically new Neptune Systems gear, which now resides in a couple plastic containers in the closet. Shouldn’t be an issue since I’m home 95% of the time now so automation isn’t as much of a necessity for me.

As I move forward, I will post my progress here. With that in mind, I do have a quick question. There was another forum I’ve used in the past and it has unfortunately become a “ghost town” since they’ve primarily shifted over to social media. Is that the case here or are you guys still active on this side?

A few pics just cause….

IMG_1302.jpeg IMG_1306.jpeg IMG_1305.jpeg IMG_1303.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey y’all,

It’s been entirely too long since I’ve had my reef (150 mixed) so I’m jumping back in and looking forward to reconnecting with everyone here. You guys were always so nice and that means more than you may realize, especially now.

So, unfortunately the 2 back-to-back hurricanes of 2020 not only “melted” my reef tank but it caused me to go through a bit of anxiety which lasted up until about 2 weeks ago. I just woke up one morning and decided it was time so I’m starting from scratch. Decided to rid all the practically new Neptune Systems gear, which now resides in a couple plastic containers in the closet. Shouldn’t be an issue since I’m home 95% of the time now so automation isn’t as much of a necessity for me.

As I move forward, I will post my progress here. With that in mind, I do have a quick question. There was another forum I’ve used in the past and it has unfortunately become a “ghost town” since they’ve primarily shifted over to social media. Is that the case here or are you guys still active on this side?

A couple pics just cause….

IMG_1302.jpeg IMG_1306.jpeg IMG_1305.jpeg IMG_1303.jpeg
Welcome back and off to a nice start

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back