Steve’s LED Power Supply problems

vinsonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older Steve’s LED upgrade on my Red Sea Max 250, and it keeps shutting itself off (even the fan in the power supply goes off). It did come back on, but only lasted about an hour before shutting down again and hasn’t come back on.

After the first shut down, I pulled the power supply out of the cabinet (thinking maybe it was overheating in there), and I put an extra fan on it, but it still shut down again. I also opened it up to check the fuse, and it’s still in tact and I don’t see any obvious damage on the capacitors. Anyone else run into this, or see any reason I shouldn’t replace the power supply and should check something else instead? Thanks in advance for your help!

hzy422

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same older Steve's LED (2014-15?) on a RSM C250. I was having problems with a specific channel of LEDs and then like you the PS started to act up.

Not sure the price on the PS or whether it would fix the issues you are having but I decided to just move on and ended up getting two Radion XR15 G5s a few months ago. Not the cheapest option but it wasn't very hard to retrofit the hood to fit them in there using the existing brackets. I think it cost me 15$ in supplies from Home Depot.

That's worked out really well, really like the lights. I went back and added a couple of small Reefbrites because I had a little shading due to the lower mounting height and the nature of my aquascape.

Sanya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
My nanocube upgrade kit was working for several months and now stopped working. No replies on emails for a couple weeks. I had to buy a AI LED light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back